Chapter 214: The Truth

Redmont, Serisis.

6:30 p.m. 19th Banem 1092.

Atop the city rooftops, Kashi yawned as he put the finishing touches on the final painting for the day. Just as he expected, he received a prompt. Unfortunately, it wasn't the one he wanted. The daeben took off his headphones and placed them in his inventory as he examined the prompt.

 The daeben took off his headphones and placed them in his inventory as he examined the prompt

Kashi smiled as he read the prompt. As expected, he knew the Dimensional Artist class had to have a better mode of travel than burning paintings. With this [Dimension Piercer] skill, he did not have to worry about painting all the time. As long as he left his sigil in a hidden location, he could always return at any time.

Eager to test it out, Kashi immediately set to work drawing the Maggot's logo, the howling wolf, on the rooftop. Kashi had drawn this logo so many times, it was mostly muscle memory at this point. Within a couple of seconds, a meter-tall howling wolf head decorated the rooftop.

Kashi placed his hand on the sigil and then instinctively said, "[Lock]" Vwooom! "Damn!" cursed Kashi as he was blasted off the roof by a massive gale. The daeben groaned as he crashed onto the streets below and accidentally upset a lady's stall. "Sorry!" Without missing a beat, he tossed a coin purse to the stunned woman and then dashed into the streets. Within a blink of an eye, he was gone from view.

Meanwhile, while Kashi escaped, several brave warriors and security soldiers jumped onto nearby roofs to examine the strange phenomenon. Luckily, a learned magician quickly realized what was happening and stated, "That gale isn't wind, but mana." Pointing at the sigil, he said, "It's being absorbed by that Sigil. Judging by the amount of mana it's absorbing, it must be something powerful."

A guard nearby frowned. "Is it dangerous?"

"I don't think so. The energy is stable, so I don't think it's a bomb. But it doesn't hurt to be careful."

The guard nodded and then ordered his subordinates to evacuate the area. Suddenly, the mana gale subsided, which allowed them to get a full view of the sigil. The guard raised a brow in shock as he stared at the howling wolf... "...Isn't that?"

Watching from a distance, Kashi inwardly groaned. Since the guard recognized the symbol, he was bound to receive an earful from Leila later. Ugh... well, at least, now he knew he couldn't just [Lock] anywhere willy-nilly. The commotion would draw everyone from far and near. Such things only worked as stealth mechanics.

Kashi, satisfied with his discovery, tugged on his hood and then rushed to Redmont Manor. The daeben confirmed his identity at the gate and then made his way to his room, releasing a huge sigh of relief as he shut the door behind him.

"You look like you've been busy." Kashi looked over to the dresser, where Lunette sat, working on putting up her hair. The beautiful songstress regarded the daeben with a teasing smile. "What did you do?"