Chapter 74: Make Sure You Visit

Katya left Natasha standing there with her doubts and thoughts, feeling her eyes on her back. The redhead had short circuits in her head and could only stare. 

Katya ran towards Wanda, who had just thrown a whole bunch of cars from the garage on Tony. It was cruel, but the Iron Man suit protected him.

No one was here to kill or wound one another.

Steve was still fighting the Black Panther and Rhodey, not a fight Katya wanted to mingle in. Not much she could do there. 

So she joined Clint and Wanda as they sprinted towards the Quinjet in Hangar five, shooting Wanda a concerned glance. ''There's our ride,'' Clint pointed to it. It was the jet, unmistakably the one they needed. Out, they needed to get out. 

The rest of the team joined their little group as they ran their legs from under their bodies. Sam, Steve, Bucky and Scott, their footsteps merging into one. But it was a long way to go and with two flyers on the opposite side, they'd never make it.

As if on cue, a laser beam almost cut Katya's foot off as it burned a line into the ground, marking a line which the team could not cross. They screeched to a stop, glaring at the instigator. Vision floated in the air, his cape waving slowly. To be completely honest, she had forgotten about him.

''Captain Rogers,'' he started. The whole group had come to a still, waiting impatiently for whatever he had to say. Again, they wouldn't be able to get out without a fight, because the others joined Vision on the other side of the line. Tony, Rhodey, Spider-Man, T'Challa, and last but not least, Natasha, who did her best to avoid Katya. 

It was more than a simple mark on the concrete. It was a border, a line they had to cross. It held so much more meaning.

''Ugh, great,'' the brunette muttered as she shifted her weight from one leg to the other. More and more nauseous she got.

''I know you believe what you're doing is right,'' Vision tried to reason. ''But for the collective good you must surrender now.''

What followed was a silent stand-off. Literally silent because nobody spoke or moved. Katya's jaw clenched and her fists trembled. She wanted to turn around and run off, let the others deal with this mess. But then neither side would ever speak to her again and she would be hunted anyway. The best way was through. To fight and hope nobody got seriously injured.

''What do we do, Cap?'' Sam asked.

He took a deep breath and gritted his teeth. ''We fight.''

He started running forward, to the other group. The rest of the team followed him hesitantly, but when Tony's team started running too, there was no way out. 

Katya forced herself to put one foot in front of the other. The gun on her hip was useless, there was no way she was going to shoot at her team mates again. The knives were also useless, too dangerous. She hadn't prepared to fight non-lethal, since they were supposed to fight Winter Soldiers, not their own friends. So in the end, the only thing she could use was her own hands and feet.

Unconsciously, while they were running, everyone picked someone similar to their own to fight. Tony dove down for Steve, T'Challa for Barnes. The noise was insane when everyone clashed. Tony's suit made a lot of noise in general, but also T'Challa's Vibranium claws in the pavement or Clint's exploding arrows.

For some reason, Katya found herself opposite the boy in red. She had to fight a kid today? 

''Listen, Miss Petrova, I just wanted to say I'm a big fan,'' he started, standing a good couple feet away from her. She had no idea how to start here. Did she just attack him?