Chapter 240: Depart for Oni Hill!

Iason's Smithery,

Kerta.

5:52 p.m. 16th Zelyr 1092.

1 Day to World's End.

"Oi, Ian, how much longer is this gonna take?"

"Argh, shut it already! You've been badgering non-stop for 48 hours! Aygor's Hammer! I haven't even caught a wink of sleep, you know!"

Iason's Smithery, one of the most famous Smitheries in all of Kerta had been closed for two days. Suspiciously, however, sounds of crashing and beating metal rung out incessantly, as if the smith was hard at work. Furthermore, complaints from multiple voices occasionally rang out above the din. It made the curious citizens wonder just what was going on behind the scenes.

"Shut it, you two! Think yer the only ones ain't sleep in two days? Fuck! Who the fuck made this kinda deranged order, anyway!?"

"KASHI!"

Fifteen pairs of eyes turned to glare at a daeben who was hammering away at a metal ingot.

Kashi froze when he felt the intense killing intent. He looked up at the blacksmiths with a sheepish grin and then waved. "Uh... Ian, take your time, take your time. I'm sorry I asked." Kashi cringed when he felt the glare grow even hotter. Well, he could not blame them. He was the one with the unreasonable order.

Two days ago, Kashi arrived from Serisis to stock up on items for the battle. His time at the Serian island had opened his eyes to a hint of the path he should take in the future. Unfortunately, the future was the future. Right now, Kashi needed to use what he had to overcome this battle. With this line of thinking, he placed two massive orders for mana potions and arrows.

The mana potions were much easier to get than expected. Apparently, the Royal Family hired a Grandmaster Alchemist. No one knew why, but she claimed to be grateful to the people of Rosendun, and so, decided to teach Alchemy to any willing parties for a small price.

Naturally, students flocked in from far and wide, and through the Grandmaster Alchemists' teachings, learned much more efficient and cost-effective ways to concoct most potions. As a result, mana potions, which were once ultra-rare products, now flooded the market, and sellers were the ones looking for buyers rather than the other way round.

Kashi did not know the identity of this Grandmaster Alchemist, but he was immensely grateful for her help. Without her influence, it would have been impossible to find any mana potions on the market. Especially now that most guilds had vacuumed most of the potions in preparation for the battle.

The orders for arrows, however, was much more complicated. Kashi needed precise requirements for his arrows. The common market did not have anything near his standards, so he needed to place a special order. Unfortunately, Kashi also needed an inordinate quantity, which was why he had Iason call upon his blacksmithing friends to assist.

And that brings us to the present time. Fifteen blacksmiths and one daeben heavily sweated under the sweltering heat as they pounded out one arrow after another. Over to a corner to the forge, rows upon rows of arrows were neatly stacked. Big, small, thin, fat. All sorts of strangely shaped arrows were piled up on the wall. In reality, these were more than enough to outfit a small army. It was difficult to believe that one man needed so many arrows.

Three hours later, the fifteen blacksmiths crowded around Kashi as he ran Jingu Ross across the last arrow. The metal glowed with a bright light and then returned to normal as the runes solidified.

"HAAH!" A blacksmith pumped his fists into the sky. "Finally done!" He looked at the rows of arrows off to the side with a wary glance. "I'm never working for you again, kid. Fuck! You're a real slave driver!"