Chapter Seven

Keefe has led Sophie though so many places, she was almost glad when she saw the green door that led into Elwin's office because she was beginning to feel nauseous.

Keefe dragged her though the door and shut behind him after sitting her down on a cot.

"I was beginning to think you weren't coming." Elwin chuckled.

"Sorry, i didn't realize how big this place was. It's super easy to get lost in." Sophie felt like sleeping even though it only... wait how long was she wandering around?

"No problem, just lay down, I have to check up on you stomach, hand and ankle."

Sophie sighed she laid down. Keefe was still standing by the door, she had expected him to leave.

"Aren't you going to leave?" realizing that sounded rude, she rushed to fix her mistake. "I mean, only if you want to! It's not that I want you to leave but I just thought- you know what I'm just going to be quiet now." Keefe laughed and sat down on the cot next to hers.

"I can leave if you don't feel comfortable with me here." Keefe raises an eyebrow at her still blushing face.

"N-no it's fine, you can stay if you want." Sophie was sure her face red when Elwin came over.

"Okay, I don't plan on taking off the steri-stripes off your stomach until at least ten days but I still need to clean everything again and check on that ankle, okay?" Elwin began grabbing some disinfectant, cloths, bandages, a bowl of water, and some ice.

"Have you been icing your foot and hand and doing those hand exercises?" Elwin asked.

Sophie cringed, remembering she was supposed to be doing that. "...no?" She gave him an awkward smile.

Elwin sighed and looked over at Keefe. "I'm going to need you to be her reminder and force her to do those. I'll write the things you need to do down after I'm done."

He lifted up her shirt and Sophie shivered at how cold his hands were.

Elwin unwrapped the bandages from her stomach to reveal the steri-stripes closing the cut.

Sophie turned her head to see Keefe wincing.

"Is it bad?" She asked.

"The bruising hasn't gotten much better but the skin looks like it starting to heal over nicely." Elwin, probably assumed she was talking to him, responded.

He got out a cloth poured some disinfect on it. Looking up at Keefe again he head the cloth out, "Would you like to help?"

Keefe looked over st Sophie as if asking for her permission. She gave him a smile and a slight nod.

Hopping off his cot, Keefe took the cloth from Elwin's hands and look at him for farther directions.

"Just dab lightly on the wound." Elwin looked over at Sophie, "This might burn a bit."

Sophie nodded and stopped herself from pulling out an eyelash. Instead, she tapped her fingers on the edge of the cot.

Keefe looked over at her, his hand,which was holding the cloth, hovering over her cut. "Ready?" He asked.

Sophie gave him a nervous smile and nodded.

Keefe returned her smile and grabbed her hand to stop her tapping. Yeah that's why he grabbed my hand, to stop the tapping.

Keefe put the wet cloth on the cut and Sophie hissed in pain. The disinfect burned but it wasn't too bad. It felt like it had been sitting in ice for days.

Keefe sqeezed her hand tightly and she returned the gesture.

Sophie shut her eyes as he continued. After a minute, he was done and Sophie opened her eyes.

"Okay now time for the hand." Elwin announced as he unraveled her bandages there too.

Keefe laughed at Sophie when she groaned. "Why must you laugh at my pain?" She put a hand over her hear for dramatic effect.

Keefe laughed even more but used the distraction to get started on her hand. Sophie hissed in pain and cursed him under her breath.

This one hurt a lot more since the cut was deeper.

"Wait!" Elwin looked overseas over the cut. "Just pour the disinfect in this one, I don't want you touching the cut."

"Opps, sorry Foster." Keefe gave her a sheepish smile.

Sophie groaned again. "Can I not have Keefe as my doctor?"

Keefe grinned. "Sorry Foster, your stuck with me, doctors orders."

Sophie playfully glared at him as he started pouring the disinfect on her hand. It hurt a lot less then when her used the cloth.

"Okay now I'm going to put some water on them and we can bandage them back up." Elwin came over with another bowl of water and handed it to Keefe. "Just pour it over her cut. I'll do her hand and you can do her stomach."

Keefe nodded and took the bowl. "Okay I'll go first and then you go, watch how I'm doing it okay?"

Elwin grabbed Sophie's hand and placed it on a towel to keep the water to get everywhere and poured the water over her cut.

Keefe immediately poured his water on Sophie other cut. "No!" Elwin tried but he had already dumped it.

"Ugh seriously Keefe? You got water all over me!" Sophie shouted.

Elwin sigh disappointingly. "You have to put the towels down first."

"Ohhhhhhhh. Okay I got it for next time." Keefe gave them a thumbs up as they both glared at him.

"I'm never letting you doctor me again." Sophie said while asking her head.

Keefe looked like a sad puppy at those words.

"Unfortunately, yes you are. I need your cuts to be cleaned every other day, ice you foot and hand, and do those exercises. Keefe will be your babysitter for those since you seem to forget to do them."

"Nooooooooooo, but he's just going to pour water all over me again!" Sophie complained.

"Well then you should've listened to me the first time. Now let's dry you off and bandage those."

Elwin threw a towel at Keefe. "Hey! Watch The Hair!" Keefe glared at Elwin and began drying off Sophie.

Sophie began to feel strange again. Letting someone dry you off was weird.

The towel kind of tickled but it felt nice as Keefe lightly dabbed her skin. Once he was done Elwin wrapped her hand in bandages then asked her to stand up to wrap her stomach.

Sophie held up her shirt and spun around slowly so the bandages would go around her stomach.

"I have some extra tunics and legging in the back, I'll go grab some real fast so you can change." Elwin walked to the back of his office and into a closet looking room.

A second later he came back with a tunic covered in little imps and black leggings. "Sorry, this was all I had."

Sophie smiled and took the clothes.

"I'm going to try and find some pain killers for you. Get changed while I'm gone."

Sophie nodded and as soon as he left she began to pull off her shirt but stopped and looked over at Keefe.

"Can you not watch me change?" She asked with a raised eyebrow, hoping he couldn't see her blushing.

"Oh! Right, sorry!" Keefe turned around quickly and Sophie smiled.

She changed into the clothes Elwin gave her. The tunic was way too big and hung over one of her shoulders. The leggings fit fine but were loose at her waist and ankles.

"You can look now." Keefe turned around and looked over her outfit, grinning.

"I know I look ridiculous." Sophie crossed her arms.

"Nah, you look cute. I mean I little funny, but still cute." Sophie's face went red and she looked down muttering.

Keefe laughed as Elwin came in. Okay, last thing! All we have to do is show you those exercises, Ice your ankle and hand and then we can go down for dinner.

Sophie was sure her groan could be heard though out the whole house.

posted- 2/3/21

word count- 1,262

Have a great day Loves!