Transferring packs

⚠️ Disclaimer: ⚠️ This story has been written by me and has not been copied, plagiarized or stolen from any other story or author. Any similarities are purely coincidental and all ideas seen are original originating from my mind.

Artemis
After I received permission from Marcus to leave shining Cosmos Pack to go home and retrieve my sentimental pieces, we left the office and the Gala. Father, Mother, Marcus and I went off in one limo leaving  Garrett Lydia Bria and Lana at the Gala with Alec and Natalie who sat in the corner sulking after being humiliated by Marcus.

We drove on silence and once we reached Emerald Guardians pack territory, we went inside and I went straight upstairs to retrieve my box. Marcus tried to follow but I turned around and placed my hand in his arm. 
"Marcus why don't you stay down here, my room is in a mess since I forgot to tidy it up and I'd hate you to see it in that condition," I lied.

Room? More like an oversized cramped up suitcase. But Marcus didn't have to know that.
"But won't the box be heavy?" he asked concerned.
"No it's the size of a mere shoebox, I'll be right down," I assured him.
"Artemis Vlad isn't exactly happy with you being up there alone. I'll come with you," Marcus objected.

"Aww our mate is so sweet. Let him come up, he's worried about us," Caroline said.
"Are you out of your corrupted wolfy mind? If he sees my room, or rather, the ATTIC he'll freak!" I said.
"You're stupid!" was Caroline's mean response.

"Artemis is everything okay?" Marcus asked.
"Yes, it's just that Caroline said she's glad you're looking out for us, but she has this crazy need to be independent. She wants to do it herself," I said sheepishly.
"Liar I never said that!" Caroline shouted.
"He doesn't have to know that," I said in this sing-song voice she absolutely hated.

"Oh well anything that makes our mate happy," Marcus consented with a smile.
I giggled and made my way upstairs to collect my box.
Once I reached the attic I made a direct beeline to my bed, raised the mattress and a few boards and seized my precious box. It was blue and red with yellow flowers etched onto the sides.
I took it out and put it in the floor, sat in my knees and opened it.

The pictures were of me and my parents as a baby, on my first and second  birthday party and when I had grass and mud covering my body after I made a mud pie. Those were the happiest days if my life when I was so small, and innocent and loved by all who met me. Tears stung my eyes as memories of my happy childhood came back to me with a rush.

I wiped my tears and placed the photos back in and took out the next items. Three novels, that belonged to my grandmother Kristen, they were my absolute favourites and I loved to read them, just to remember her. She wasn't dead, but she left us when when I was young and went back to her former pack, Celestial Moon Pack. I missed her greatly and wished I could see her again.

Then I pulled out the most special piece. My grandmother's pendant that she gifted to me when I was born. A gorgeous gold and  silver pendant with a wolf howling at the crescent moon.

Below is the pendant.

I hugged it close to my chest and took a deep calming breath

I hugged it close to my chest and took a deep calming breath. It was my most prized possession. I never wore it but I kept it in the box so I could come back and keep it close to my heart. It gave me courage and strength to push forward and rise above the hate and stress my life gave.

I packed everything in the box and looked around my room. Most likely I'd never see it again. The crampy space, the cold, drafty air, the bad memories and the cracked bathroom walls and shower.
"Good riddance to you. You served me well for the six years I have been living here and for that I suppose I should be grateful for," I said to the empty attic.

My clothes would stay, most likely Marcus wouldn't approve of his mate wearing those things so I'd prefer to save myself the humiliation. I didn't have anything of value to take except the box so I left, closing the door behind me.

I walked down the stairs and back to where Marcus and my parents were waiting for me. Marcus had a smile on his face as he saw me and rushed up and brought me in his arms and gave me a hug.
"I wasn't gone for 5 minutes Marcus did you miss me?" I asked teasingly.

"Vlad was getting anxious and impatient. I am so glad you're here, he was seconds from breaking free of the barrier I had out up," Marcus said as he inhaled my scent.
"Okay we should be getting back now," I said to hide the shyness in my voice.
"Okay there's still a few hours for the Gala to finish so we'll go and then at the end I'll announce to everyone I found my mate. If that's okay with you love," Marcus said. 

"That is perfectly fine let's go. I'm sure everyone must be wondering where did their Alpha run off to," I said with a laugh.
So we all left Emerald Guardians Pack and went back to the limo and rode back to Shining Cosmos to finish attending the Gala.
"Good riddance Emerald Guardians, I'm off to start my new life," I said to myself.