Prologue

*Writers note*

This is a young adult about: love, abuse, betrayal, hurt, anxiety, depression, etcetera. If you suffer from one of the above (not love ;) ), this book will be very confronting.

Thank you all for reading this, I really appreciate it.

If you see some mistakes in my grammar or sentences, feel free to indicate it. English is not my first language.

Thank you in advance and enjoy reading ;)

Ps: the chapters will be big, I hope you like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A shout from the opposite team. The baseball that I spin in my hand. How will I throw it? How should I throw it? That are the only questions I am asking.

All the sound around me is muffled, I am in my utmost concentration. Have the sunlight in my eyes, or it's just the sweat that's rolling from my forehead and my coach who is screaming from the sideline counteracts all of that. But nevertheless it's still a good Saturday.

Or that's what I thought. What I didn't know is that something bad would happen in the middle of my game, but I wouldn't know that. I was left in the dark winning the game with 1 point difference because of my home run, making it to the finals. No... I didn't knew what was about to happen.

At the end of the game I couldn't be happier. Everything was perfect. Isn't everything when you are 12 years old? 12 years old and unbeatable, afraid of nothing, maybe only for seventh grade where you go after the summer holidays. Where you would likely lose most of your friends and never see them again. Although that was the story for me.

On that game day I wasn't scared at all. Not yet. We were too busy to watch the news, to see the big accident what had happened on the highway just a few miles away from Manhattan.

We were to busy celebrating our win. Eating a large bag of fries, with a lot of sauce and a big glass of cola. We had to train three times harder at the next training because of this, but we couldn't care less.

The only thing missing were my parents. My dad was busy with work at home, he had been waiting ages to get the promotion that he would get at the end of the year if everything kept running smoothly.

My mom, on the other hand was driving back from Colorado, she had to take some trips for work and this trip didn't do her overworked feeling much good. All that made up for it was that she knew that she was going to see dad and I. We were all real close family and hated to be apart.

Although it's always been hectic at home. I was always busy with baseball, daddy with his job as a programmer for a large tech company and my mom with helping out in a nursing home.

My dad worked for the tech company when it was built up from the ground and my mom is a secretary, but she travels with her boss all over America for meetings. That's not what she like to do though.

When my little brother passed when he was 6 years old, my mom promised herself and him that she would help other kids and disabled people. So she signed up for volunteer work at one of the nursing homes and she got in. 2 years later they gave her an contract, which she gratefully denied. Another year later she accepted it, she wanted to work there full time, but couldn't let go of her other job, which she despised.

But that didn't matter that day, my mom would take us that evening to a restaurant or that was the plan. We would celebrate me going to finals. Unfortunately for me that dinner would never happen.

Some information about me. I started playing baseball at the age of 3. My grandpa was a big fan of baseball, played at the top for a while until he got injured and was told he could never play again. And then when I got born as his first grandchild, he passed his passion to me. A girl, a girl who is just as fanatic as he is and knocks all the boys off the field.