31. alien spaceships

-six years and seven days on the ring-

Four days had passed since the disaster that was mine and Bellamy's breakup, and so far I had managed to avoid speaking to him at all. 

He was ignoring Echo, and I was ignoring him...it was working out pretty perfectly if you asked me. 

I couldn't bring myself to barely look at him, let alone have a full blown conversation about where everything went wrong...that would take time. 

The sound of Raven and Echo training filled the space as Emori and I sat in front of our Comm Centre, still attempting to connect to the ground. 

Six years and we were still up here...it wasn't ideal.

"Soup's on!" Monty called, he and Harper making their way into the dining hall with his newest algae creation. 

Echo and Raven made some comment between the two of them, something to do with how Echo let Raven win so they could eat.

"This isn't eating, it's surviving." Harper pointed out.

"Hey!" Monty argued. "The new Triple-G tastes better and you know it."

"Triple-G?

 "He calls this one's Green's Green Goop." Harper explained, the group of them sliding into their seats.

"Better name, too." Monty maintained.

"And if by better, you mean doesn't want to make you violently hurl, then yeah, I'd say it's an improvement." Raven muttered, causing me to suppress a smile from where I sat. 

Monty's algae had been what kept us alive, but that didn't mean it tasted good. Moreover, his first culture had put Murphy into a coma for a week. 

"Speaking of Green," Monty started, looking past where Emori and I were. "How's Eden."

Eden. The only visible speck of green on the entire Earth. It had become our motivation for getting down.

"Still just a dot." Bellamy announced, moving from the window and toward the group. 

I felt my heartbeat speed up as he approached Emori and I. "Girls, take a break." he ordered, his eyes mainly on Emori, but briefly flitted toward me. 

I avoided his gaze, pulling the headset off of my head and powering down the monitor. 

"I don't know why you two waste your time. I told you, atmospheric radiation blocks radio signals." Raven declared. "They're down there. We just can't hear them."

"A little optimism never killed anyone." I grumbled, sliding into the seat next to Raven.

"We waste our time so they know that there's a place down there they can live." Bellamy explained, his eyes landing on me for a moment. 

I shifted under his gaze, moving the soup around in my bowl to keep myself occupied. 

"Ground radiation has been liveable for a year." Raven pointed out. "They can live everywhere."