XV. SINS & SCANDALS

EPISODE 5: THE DUKE AND ICHAPTER 15

CHAPTER 15. SINS AND SCANDALS

 SINS AND SCANDALS

WE ALL TURN TO watch Daphne, being walked down the aisle by Anthony. She looked beautiful, and I give her a small smile as she looks at me.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony." The Priest starts saying. "It is said that marriage hath in it less of beauty but more of safety than the single life." The Duke takes off Daphne's glove, and slides the ring on her finger. "...in the name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen. I now pronounce you man and wife."

"YOUR MAJESTY." I GREET the Queen Amelia.

"Miss Bridgerton." She replies. "I do hope you returned home safe after your escapade."

I blush, as I look down to avoid her eyes.

"I did, Your Majesty." I reply.

"Oh, do not be so shy with me, child." She tells me, with a small chuckle. "It is not a grave sin to wander in the night. These societies make everything so scandalous, but frankly, I do think you should properly get to know the person you are supposed to marry."

"I-uh." I mutter, not knowing what to say. "Your Majesty, I do hope you know, you son and I are not planning to marry. Prince Louis merely proposed to me, to get my forgiveness. He does not wish to marry me, neither I wish to marry him."

"Sweet child." She says, lifting her hand, and delicately holding my chin. "Do you believe Louis takes his every friend to the Palace at night, showing them the library merely because he knows just how much they love books? Or do you trust just anyone to led you in the dark of the night, not even knowing your destination?" She asks me, and when I am unable to answer, she continues. "You both have something half of the people who ever get married do not have." She turns to stand beside me, and we see Louis walking towards us, a grin on his face. "Friendship and trust." She looks at me. "I do hope you both realize how precious that is."

She gives me a smile, and walks away, as I turn to my front, to see Louis in from of me.

"Diana." He greets me, and I just stare at him. His features change to concerned. "Diana, are you alright? What did my Mother say to you?"

"Ah- I- um." I mutter, and shake my head, collecting my thoughts. "Forgive me, what did you say?"

"I asked, what has my Mother said to you?" He repeats. "You look a little startled."

"Oh, nothing." I tell him, with a shake of my head. "Just asking me if I returned home sadly."

"It is like she does not trust me." He jokes, and I smile a little.

"She must have good reason." I tell him.

"Oh, I see." He replies. "I am being singled out."

"You took too much time to come to that realization." I say.

"PERHAPS I CAN COME with you." Gregory tells Daphne, as we all walk out. "I've always wanted to live in a castle."

"If Daphne is going to take anyone with her, Gregory, it will be me." Hyacinth tells him.

"The two of you are staying here until our dear sister allows us a visit." Colin says, hugging her.

"You mean if she allows us a visit." I add, as she hugs Benedict.

"I'm sure you'll enjoy the peace and quiet." Benedict tells her.

"I am going to miss all of you terribly." Daphne tells us.

"Even me?" Anthony asks.

"Even you." She replies.

"Oh, how am I going to survive?" I ask her, dramatically, as we wrap our arms around each other. "Not seeing my twin everyday."

"I am sure, you will do just fine." She tells me, smiling, as we break apart. "But I do hope, I shall be visiting to attend another wedding, soon."

"You shall keep hoping." I reply.

"Write to me as soon as you arrive." Mama tells her.

"Of course, Mama." Daphne replies.

"You are going to be a wonderful duchess." Mama says.

A/N

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER, BUT THE I HAD TO END THE EPISODE