31- reconcile

✧✧

✧✧

"Li wake up,"  I scrunch my nose as hair brushes against my face and I roll to the side of the futon I fell asleep on but I feel arms wrap around me and open my eyes to see my face hovering inches from the ground.

"Oh shit, my bad," I glance up to see Kiara standing next to Sarah, both of their eyes full of confusion.

"Okay why do you two look like that? Like someone went and kicked your puppy at the dog park?" I raise my eyebrows, sitting up and pulling down the cotton t-shirt I slept in, the smell of mint lingering in the air. Probably JJ's. I mean I did find it on the floor. 

"Spit it out already you're making me nervous!" they both look at each other before looking at me and I feel what's coming.

"You need to talk to him li. He's in pain and you need him more than you think you do. If not for him for me cause I really can't look at him being this miserable much longer." Kie's eyes are pleading and I switch my gaze to Sarah for back up but her face face reflects the same as the brunette standing next to her.

"I'm not the one who should be apologizing, he said the things he did. he gave up on us, I was ready to fight for our relationship and he decided to walk out. I gave him and out and he took it. It's as simple as that." I let out a deep breath before standing up, my shirt riding up slightly and I immediately tug it down, not before Kiara sees and the look in her eyes completely change.

"Please tell me I'm seeing things and what I just saw is a misunderstanding. Please tell me I'm wrong and that you aren't carrying JJ's baby right now." her voice raises slightly and I bite the dead skin off of my bottom lip, trying not to make eye contact with her. "Answer me del... please."

My gaze shifts upward and tears brim my eyes. " I- I-" I manage to get out before a sob racks my body and kie pulls me into her chest, hushing my tears.

"I'm so sorry Del." her words are quiet, almost like she is trying to make her words his. I feel Sarah's hand on my shoulder and I sink into it, I don't deserve friends like these.

"How long?" she asks when I finally pull away and my eyes close for a second and I take a deep breath.

"Around 12 weeks, I had no idea until the day on the merchant. I mean I had felt sick but I just thought I caught a bug but when I was in the hospital that's when they told me. John B knows as does my mom and JJ." I feel my eyes gloss over but I blink the tears away. No, no more tears over this. I'm better than that.

"What did JJ say about it?" she asks even though she already knows the answer I'm about to give  her. "He told me to get an abortion. He couldn't handle it. The gold, his dad, me and the baby. So he asked for an out and I gave it to him."

"Oh god Lilah I'm so sorry. I think he just needs time, time to understand what he wants and what he's feeling. I'm not trying to play devils advocate but he's my best friend. I know him and I know that he loves you and you being mad at him is practically ripping him apart. I know he doesn't deserve it but for me, give him another change. Give him an olive branch and if he takes it, he takes it."

The sympathy is packed heavily in her voice as the words leave her mouth and I sigh. I know she's right about him but it just hurts to even fathom the slight chance that if I give him another chance he would just break me all over again. I open my mouth to say something but the door to the bedroom swings open, interrupting out conversation.

"Hey Kie can I get your help on something-" JJ starts but immediately halts, registering rest Sarah and I are accompanying her in the room. "I- I'll come back later." he turns over his right should and I feel my mouth open before I can overthink my decision. "JJ wait."

He turns around slowly, his green eyes connecting with mine and for a second, just a second I let myself fall. Fall for those stupid eyes that take me in like a fresh breath of air when I walk into the room, that floppy blond hair that my hands would comb through on late nights in JJ's backyard and that stupid smile. That stupid smile that made me fall for him in the first place.

"We'll leave you two alone, shout if you need us Li." Sarah whispers, giving my hand a squeeze before her and Kie exit the room, leaving JJ and I standing adjacent to each other.

"Look before you say anything I need to say something." His eyes plead as I nod my head, signaling for him to continue.

"What I said that day, you didn't deserve it. Losing Charlotte took something out of you that I can't even begin to understand, it took me a little while to understand that. I was just so scared that if this child grew up with me as a dad I- I would become like him." The last part comes out softly and it takes me a second to realize who he is talking about. "Your dad..."

"I'm just so afraid Li, I don't wanna fuck up this kid's life, you and I both know what it's like to have a shitty father and I don't want that for her." His eyes close, his hand coming up to meet with his forehead as he eyebrows crinkle up into a concerned expression.

"You won't. I know you JJ, you are the sweetest boy despite the fact that your mom left when you were little and you spent the majority of your life picking up your dad off of a bar floor. You fought someone several times just because they talked bad about your friends. For Christ's sake you've risked your life for me more times that I can count just because that's the type of person you are. A shitty dad doesn't do that."

I didn't realize I was stepping towards him until I could feel his breath on my face. His eyes glance down to my lips and back up at me before his lips curl upward slightly, that stupid smile crossing his face.

"You really think so." I nod. "Of course I do." It takes no time for him to react before his arms wrap around my waist, his lips smashing passionately into mine. Without fail the butterflies return to the pit of my stomach as my hands wander into his hair, tugging lightly at the blonde locks.

"You really think it's a girl?" I pull back, my eyes meeting his and he chuckles softly, his voice vibrating into my chest. "Just a guess but I have a gut feeling that I'm right."

"Oh we'll see maybank. I reckon it's a boy."

"Don't count on it covey."

✧✧

Hey I'm back with
another chapter!
I know it's been a
long time I'm sorry
for that. School has just been
so much right now
between all the
college classes I'm taking
but I promise that
I'll try to upload more.
What do you
think it is a
boy or girl?
Comment down below
I want to see what
you guys think.
Well I hope you enjoyed
this chapter and
stay tuned for another
one coming very soon.