Chapter 44: Forgetting

She woke up with the strangest feeling

She woke up with the strangest feeling. She couldn't recognize what room she was in, where she was, or who she was with inside the room. The room was quite old fashioned, with sunlight barely peeking through the maroon moth eaten curtains. The bed she was sitting in had blankets made of blood red velvet, and was luxurious in a dark kind of way. She then looked over to the people in the room with her, who were staring at her with much curiosity.

"...the Obliviate work?" A boy who looked around the same age as her asked.

That was her first warning sign. She didn't know how old she was. Panic settled in as her eyes darted around the room nervously, looking for an escape. The boy who asked the question had dark black curly hair with pale blue eyes, as if the life was sucked out of him. For some reason, whenever she looked at him, a small part in the back of her head echoed: Run! The woman in the room had long black curly hair with a couple of white streaks in it, but her eyes were wide and somewhat crazed, as if she was paranoid about everything.

"Where am I? Who are you people?" she panicked, trying to jump out of the bed. Her legs buckled, and she fell to the floor. A pair of arms stopped her from colliding with the floor, and she glanced up. A younger boy with dark black hair and another one who looked the same age with sleeked back pale hair had caught her, and were helping her back into bed.

"What do you remember, dear?" Another woman towards the back of the room asked. She had large brown eyes and pale blond streaks of hair hidden by her dark bangs.

"Nothing...I mean, I know I'm a witch, and if this is a trap I'll hex you all but, who am I?" She asked, confused.

"Your name is Astrid Black, and you're perfectly safe," the woman said, wrapping an arm around her.

"Who are you? Who are all of you?" Astrid asked.

"I'm Narcissa Malfoy, your aunt. That's Draco, my son and your cousin," Narcissa spoke uneasily, as if she was trying to convince herself the same thing.

"I'm Tyler Black, your brother, and that's mum...Bellatrix Black," the other younger boy said. He couldn't meet her eyes.

"And this is your fiancé, Roger Davies," Bellatrix said, nodding over to the other boy in the room. He smiled wearily at her.

"Why don't I remember all of you? Any of you?" Astrid panicked, glancing around.

"Amor- em...Astrid, you were in a terrible accident," Draco explained.

"What happened?" Astrid asked.

"Members of the Order of the bloody Phoenix...they're ruthless darling," Roger told her. Something about him calling her the word darling made her want to slap him, but she didn't even know who we was.

"I think I would have remembered if I had a fiancé," Astrid snapped. The story simply didn't add up.

"Aspen, one of their leaders, used a memory charm on you. We rescued you before they could fill your head with mudblood lies," Bellatrix said smoothly, tossing her curly hair to the side.