ᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗 : 𝐀𝐍 𝐄𝐘𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐍 𝐄𝐘𝐄

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I pressed my ear to the door, listening intently. It isn't exactly a becoming characteristic to be eavesdropping, but I wouldn't say kidnapping a woman, and drinking her blood, is one either.

"Why can't we hurry up already!" Shin calls out, clearly impatient.

Carla sighed, "We have to wait for the purification to be complete. Unfortunately those vampires have left quite a marking on her blood."

Carla's voice is saturated in false pleasantry as the word vampire leaves his lips. I could hear Shin let out a hiss of distaste at Carla's pseudo praise as well, giving me a good indication on where their feelings on vampires lie.

"What are we going to do about the other vampire?" Shin asks. "Are we just going to let him run about?"

My ears perked up at Shin's question. What vampire could they possibly be talking about? I know it's a different one than the Sakamakis, Mukamis, or Kino as those were the one Carla was referring to. Could it possibly be-

I placed a hand over my mouth, and froze. Could they be talking about Karlheinz?

If so, then maybe, just maybe, we could be working on the same side.

"I've tolerated his performance, but he will eventually outgrow his usefulness," Carla states. "I'm sure he's under the notion that he can deceive me, but he will find out soon enough what it means to try and betray me."

"You'll let me handle him, right Nii-san?" Shin asks. I can practically hear the grin in his voice.

"When the time comes."

A simple four worded answer that sends me into a frenzy. They might be planning on getting rid of Karlheinz. The Karlheinz. I know that they're founders, and that Carla has tremendous magical ability, but will they be enough to rid the one man that could have the world at his fingertips in one snap?

Even so... I don't like it.

At the ball, I swore that I would end him, and with every ounce of me, I wish for that to be true. I want to be the one to erase him, as he did my father. Revenge is a journey where I'm willing to dig two graves, one for him and one for me.

"We can talk about this later," Carla says, "that woman has been listening at the door for far too long."

Oh crap.

The door swings open with Shin standing right in front of me. I give a sheepish smile, digging my nails into my palm as I hold them together in front of me.