Chapter 93

Sirius felt a smile spread across his face as he looked back at Jenna. He could feel his heartbeat speeding up in his chest at the mere sight of her. There she stood, with her beautiful blue hair, just like the way it used to be when they were teenagers, carelessly and hopelessly in love.

"Wow..." Sirius breathed out, unable to take his eyes off her.

Jenna giggled once more at his reaction. "Now if we could only have a Potion to make you look eighteen, then it would've been perfect," she said teasingly, before transforming back to her own true form again and turning her hair brown.

"Wait, no! Don't turn it back!" Sirius argued, grinning.

"Well, I can't just always look eighteen! It's weird!" She laughed, but Sirius shook his head at her.

"No, I'm not talking about your face," he corrected her. "I meant your hair... why don't you... why don't you keep it blue for some while?"

Jenna smiled, suddenly remembering the night at the Astronomy class back in their fifth year, when Sirius had told her how much he liked it whenever she changed her hair into crazy colors.

So after a short pause, she closed her eyes to focus, and turned her hair back to blue, the same peaceful shade that it always used to be, falling down her shoulders in long waves.

"Good?" she said, grinning.

"Perfect," Sirius whispered, placing a hand on her cheek and leaning down to press his lips softly against hers.

***

That night, it took the two of them nearly an hour to clean the bedroom fully, even though they were both using magic. Sirius didn't even bother to call Kreacher up, because he knew that the house elf wasn't going to be much help and would only insult them.

"I guess this is good enough," Sirius said rather unsurely, taking a step back to look around the room carefully.

He then sighed, laying down on his bed and resting his head down on the pillow after a long and tiring day. It felt like a week had passed since that same morning when they had first arrived at Grimmauld Place.

     But once his glance fell back on Jenna, he felt like there was something on her mind as she was standing in the distance, pursing her lips together and looking down at the floor.

"What is it?" he questioned, glancing at her curiously.

With that, Jenna hesitantly walked toward where he was laying and sat down beside him on the edge of the bed. He could tell that there was something bothering her, and it was obvious in her eyes.

"Listen... I didn't really get the chance to apologize for my part," she started in a low voice, avoiding his gaze. "I know what I did was wrong, no matter how drunk I was or how short it lasted, or who initiated first... but I just want you to know that I could never love anyone but you. Not ever. Not even at all."

At those words, there came a long pause between the two of them as Sirius remained silent for some while. He then hoisted himself up on the bed and leaned his back against the headboard, thinking.

"I just wish you had told me yourself, that's all," Sirius finally spoke.

"I know, I know... you're right." Jenna exhaled deeply, closing her eyes and rubbing her forehead. "I really should've told you. And I'm sorry for that."

There came yet another a short pause, the eerie silence filling up the space between them, until Sirius finally reached out his arm and held her hand in his.

"Let's just forget about it," he muttered, giving her hand a small yet comforting squeeze. "Now how about you come to bed and get some rest? It's been a long day."

     Jenna smiled at him in appreciation, nodding her head.

"Oh, I just remembered!" she suddenly exclaimed after a few seconds, getting up to her feet.

And so without an explanation, she took out her wand and magically summoned her bag from downstairs in the kitchen, where she had left it earlier that night.

     Once the bag floated up the stairs and into the room, Jenna caught it in midair before placing her wand back in her pocket.

"Here," she started, digging her hand deep into the bag which had the Undetectable Extension Charm casted upon it. After long moments of searching, she took out Sirius's old navy blue pajamas and handed it to him.

"Oh... thanks," said Sirius, sounding surprised as he went and closed the bedroom's door. "I didn't even think about what I was going to sleep in."

"I got them from our old flat," Jenna explained with a knowing smile.

"Did you also happen to bring your... um... How do I put this delicately?" Sirius started with a mischievous smile, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "Did you also bring your lacy-black-sleeping-robes-worn-for-special-occasions?"

"Sirius!" Jenna exclaimed, smacking him on the arm scolding as she tried to suppress her laughter.

"What!?" He threw his hands up in the air defensively. "Is it illegal to ask innocent questions these days!? Send me back to Azkaban, why don't you!?"

"That wasn't an innocent question!" Jenna retorted, placing the bag down on the nightstand beside the bed. "That was — that was the opposite of innocent!"

"Oh yes, and you're all about innocence, aren't you, Jenny?" Sirius said with a grin, walking closer toward her.

"What do you mean?" Jenna raised a brow at him, acting obliviously.

"Hmm... if I recall correctly, you were the one who straddled me just a few hours ago on the couch downstairs."

"I don't know know what you're talking about," Jenna said with a light shrugged, taking out her own pajamas from the bag.

But she let out a gasp of surprise when Sirius grabbed onto her waist in a quick motion and turned her to face him, slamming his lips down against hers, catching her off guard.

     Leaving her no time to protest, he deepened the kiss, and Jenna soon found herself lost in the moment. A light groan escaped her throat at the suddenness, causing Sirius to smile against her lips triumphantly.

Although the breath was knocked out of her chest when Sirius backed her away with their lips still connected, until her legs hit the bed and she fell down upon the mattress.

With a handsome grin playing on his lips, Sirius hoisted himself on top of her on the bed, moving aside the strand of blue hair which had fallen across her face.

"How about now? Do you remember what I'm talking about now, or should I be more specific?" he spoke in a husky voice as he lowered his lips down and brushed them briefly against her neck.

"I..." Jenna wanted to say, but she was finding it hard to breathe as she glanced up at him, let alone speak.

"I'll take that as a yes," Sirius whispered, and so he leaned down once more, closing the space between them with yet another kiss.