xvii. dumbledore's army

     "ARE YOU MAD?" harry exclaimed, as the four friends trudged through the snow towards the hog's head

"you and paris are the best i know!" hermione reasoned.

"who would wanna get taught by me, i'm a nutter, remember?"

"right, well, i think it's a great idea. someone's gotta teach this snivelly lot." paris shrugged.

"you would think so, because it was hermione's idea." harry accused.

"what's that supposed to mean?"

"look on the bright side— can't be any worse than old toad face." ron assured.

"thanks ron." the brown-haired boy replied sarcastically.

"i'm here for you, mate." he nodded, not noticing his friend's sarcastic tone.

"who's supposed to be meeting us, then?"

"er... just a few friends." hermione mumbled, as they pushed open to the door to the pub.

"lovely spot..." ron mumbled as they came through the short standing doorway, a goat bleating by the owner's feet.

"thought it'd be safer somewhere off the beat and track..." hermione mumbled.

and hermione was right about that. paris couldn't see anyone coming inside of the place—with its small, dingy and dark brown room. the darkness was on account of the grime-crusted windows, keeping out the sunlight.

"bet they'd sell us anything in here—" paris began, her eyes scanning the dusty pub. "a pint of firewhisky, they wouldn't care."

"bloody hell! could aswell, come on paris, let's get a pint— i've always wanted to try
some—"

"for heavens sake, ronald, don't encourage her! you're a prefect!" hermione snapped.

"oh, yeah. right." ron grimaced.

"well, you may be, but i'm not a prefect, so i think—" paris began, before hermione cut her off with a fierce look.

"let's go!" she dragged her by the arm to the back room.