Chapter 36

Rita's pov

When I opened my eyes, I found myself in his arms. I felt a feeling in my heart I couldn't really put in words as I looked at him.

His features were relaxed. He looked peaceful in his sleep. I might sound like a creep, but I loved watching him sleep. I also loved waking up in his arms.

And I felt sad as I wouldn't be able to wake up in his arms anymore after he let me go. I'd miss those blue eyes. I'd miss his lips on mine. I'd miss him holding me in his sleep. I'd miss him.

"Jesus Christ!" I shrieked startled as I looked up and saw him staring at me with hooded eyes. "When did you wake up?"

Grabbing my waist, he pulled me up, making me sit on top of him. "Long enough to see the frown on your face, what's bothering you?" he asked me, his hands caressing my bare legs.

"I was just wondering," I muttered, looking down at him. "About?" he asked, straightening up so that we were at the same eye level now.

About how I could forget you after you kidnapped me and made me fall in love with you.

I wouldn't lie. He was an asshole to me in the beginning. He had tied me up, gagged me, and let me sleep in his damn bathtub. He had pushed me around and holden me at gunpoint every time I talked back to him.

But then, things started to change between us. One thing led to another. He started acting nice to me. He protected me. He made me feel like I mattered. And in the end, I fell in love with him.

"I'm thinking about us, I mean, isn't it crazy how time changed our relationship? I am enjoying your company and trusting you with my heart." I said, taking his hand and placing it over my heart. "But it's not only me who has changed, look at you now."

"What's with me?" he asked with his gaze down, playing with my nipple. I rolled my eyes. I put his hand on my heart and he started playing with my nipple — very romantic.

"You're kind and affectionate towards me, even if I'm your boss's enemy's daughter. If I didn't got to know you a little, I would really think you care for me," I smiled sadly as I knew the reason why he was acting gentle with me — it was for sex

"I do care for you, ragazza," he said with a frown, pecking my lips. I wished his words would be true. "You don't have to lie to me Roman, it's obvious why you're treating me kindly," I muttered, before biting my lip and looking down.

"And why do I treat you kindly, ragazza?" he asked me, grabbing my face, making me look in his eyes.

"For sex," I mumbled, looking in his eyes. His features softened and he sighed.

"I won't lie, I love the sex with you, it's great, it's more than great, it's fantastic," he admitted as his hand on my face caressed my cheek, "but I'm not treating you nicely to get sex from you. I treat you with affection because I do care for you, ragazza."

I smiled at him and leaned into his touch. I didn't know if he was telling the truth as assassins like him were trained to deceive, mislead and kill.

"If you really care for me, I want you to promise me to show this kind side of yours to all the people you care about, they shall see how much you love and care for them." I leaned my forehead against his, looking into his captivating blue eyes.

Snorting in disagreement, he shook his head. "I can't show emotions, Rita. If I do and make it obvious for who I care, I will show a weakness my enemies will take advantage of."

"I understand you're trying to protect the people you care about from your enemies by acting like they don't matter to you, but don't you want them to know that they mean something for you?" I asked him with my hands on his chest.