xii. playing with fire

Maybe home is nothing
but two arms holding you tight
when you're at your worst.

xii. playing with fire

Gemini stepped into the Forks Police Department

Gemini stepped into the Forks Police Department. She stood there for a moment, looking for Charlie.

"How can I help you?" A officer asked.

"Hello," Gemini said with a smile. "Can you point me to Chief Swan's office?" She answered.

"And you are?" The officer asked.

"Gemini." Charlie said as he walked in.

Gemini smiled.

"Charlie, I came to bring you lunch. I know you were about to head to the diner." Gemini said as she handed him a lunch box.

Charlie blushed.

"I wasn't going to the diner." Charlie said.

"You can't lie to me, Charlie." She said.

The officer looked between them and smirked.

"Chief, you went and got yourself a girlfriend. Finally." The officer said, walking away to go gossip about the Chief's young girlfriend.

"Let's go to my office." Charlie said.

Gemini nodded and followed him to his office.

"What did you make?" Charlie asked, once they entered his office.

"A green salad with a seasoned chicken breast to help power you through your shift. There's an assortment of green beans, garbanzo beans, and chopped celery. In a small, sealable plastic container there's dressing." Gemini answered, hopping on his desk.

Charlie pouted.

"I don't want to eat a salad." Charlie said.

"It will power you through." Gemini said, smiling.

Charlie sighed.

"Fine, I'll eat it." Charlie said, sitting at his desk and unpacking his lunch. "It smells great." He added.

Gemini nodded.

"Enjoy your lunch." She said.

Charlie raised an eyebrow.

"Are you just going to watch me eat?" Charlie asked.

Gemini smirked.

"No, I'm going to do something else." Gemini said as she got up and closed the blinds in his office before walking his desk and getting under it.