Chapter 47

"Trigger my wolf then," As soon as I finished my words, the door of the room bursted open and Luciano walked inside. Quickly, I snapped my mouth shut and hoped he hadn't heard anything.

"What's happening here?" He asked his mother and then gave me a look that I shouldn't be here.

It's not safe and blah, blah, blah.

"Nothing." Jaqueline responded, licking her lips. "We were just taking."

Luciano didn't believe her, not even for a split second, he grabbed the book off the table and went through the prophecy.

"Red shouldn't be worried about all this, mother. Leave her aside for now." He pushed the book back on the table and grabbed my hand. "You're coming with me."

"I want to stay here." I said, standing still on my spot.

"You need to rest,"

"I don't want to rest."

"You're grandmother just died," He released a low growl and reminded me. It was brutal to hear it all again. It wasn't like I forgot about her.

I was doing this all to avenge her death, the death of my parents and to protect my daughter. Once the wolf was triggered, Gretel would be weaker than me and she'd be the one running away.

Fuck the eclipse. I needed no power then to end her.

"I know," I said, my eyes wide. "And, I'm fine."

"That's the problem. You shouldn't be fine so you're going to come with me." His eyes turned into a crimson shade of red with anger as he tried to pull me again. "I'm going to give you five seconds to come with me before I drag you, and trust me, it's going to hurt." He lowered his head and whispered in my ear.

I peeked over his shoulder to find Jaqueline nodding at me. We'll speak tomorrow morning. She whispered through the link we had.

"Fine." I tore my self away from him and arched my shoulders before walking out of the room. I felt slightly guilty that I disobeyed Luciano and came here when he asked me not too.

"You can't listen to me ever, right?" He mumbled, placing a hand behind my back and taking me to his room.

"Guess not."

"You won't speak to my mother until you're well." The door slammed behind me as Luciano ordered.

"I am well."

"You're not."

"I am and I don't need your sympathy or anyone else's. I'm perfectly fine." I said, looking at my self in the mirror. The skin under my eyes was red, and itchy with all the crying I had done earlier. I leaned over the dressing table and waited for Luciano to come to me. "Aren't you going to help me get rid of the dress?"

He grumbled down a growl before his hands reached for my back, unzipping the black dress I had worn at the funeral.

Nana's death was always going to be remembered. Nothing could take away the good memories I had with her. I knew she was watching over me, waiting for me to do the right thing and I was going to do it, by killing Gretel and any other witch that was stronger than me.

Averting my attention at Luciano, I found him glaring at me and caressing my skin. Turning around, I wrapped my arms around his neck and his hands settled on my waist.

"Are you still going to be mad at me?" I asked, pouting and inching closer to his lips.

"I'm not mad at you," His eyes were fixated over my lips but he still had a grumpy face.