21

With all the will power I possess, closing the door behind me to face the impending danger ahead was the hardest decision I ever made summoning courage to do especially with the tears streaming down her eyes silently begging to stay with her. I could feel the hurt in her eyes when I walked away, it pinched my heart like a perilous doom and I only hope that I didn’t make the wrong choice. She may be from a powerful Irish family but she knew nothing of her true identity up until weeks ago; she does not know the dangers of our world and what it holds and a part of me feels guilty for involving her in all of this. When my warning alarm went off I knew someone will eventually come after her because of what I did but I didn’t know they will play sneaky having me wondering which of my foes it may be. I quickly rushed to input the security code and get my gun out for her because they were already up the stairs trying to get through the main door. Her eyes pleaded with me to stay with her but I had to keep her safe first even if it means paying with my blood. I have to protect her from the danger of the mafia world and what I caused.

Running towards the couch to get my gun I hid under it, without warning a huge blast burst through the door throwing me far off landing with a huge thump on the wall falling down with a loud thud in pains, my head banging hard shaking it off to right myself. Before I could blink regaining from the fall multiple gun shots went off, I duck for safety, crawling towards the kitchen. Using my elbow breaking the glass cabinet pulling out a heckler & Koch ump. 40 caliber; my favourite gun series; opening fire taking out as many of the intruders as I could seeking cover behind the pillar wall. A bullet hit one between his eyes, another to his heart and so it began. The bloodbath.

But it seems the more I killed the fuckers; they keep increasing in numbers trooping in into the hall. Just then I crumble to the floor feeling pain engulf my abdomen; looking at it closely touching the part inflicted with pains, blood ooze out, I winch at the pain looking up. I've been shot. The lights, fuck, the lights. Pointing my gun to the main switch while ducking and dodging the bullets fired at me, I took it out as everything goes dark in the apartment. Just the sounds of feet against glass and debris of broken wood alert my senses to a more heighten state.

"The lights!" Someone yelled having a grin on my face. Confusion is the best trick for an enemy, it sinks in their head a state of panic, fear and ambiguousness. Coming out of my hiding place shooting at the one who yelled those words and three others close by his side quickly taking cover as fires open again with men shouting to know who last saw me. Sadly those ones are dead. Checking my magazine to find few shots left, my eyes shifts to the next stop I hid a colt m16. Ok two more if I'm fast enough. Breathing strained clutching my stomach as more bloods coats half of my lower region soaking my black sweat pants, my brain registers I'm losing much blood and need to tie it up. Got it.

The shooting seized giving me valued seconds to crawl quietly till I got behind the island pulling out a box of first aid kit. In a jiffy, I had my abdomen tied up listening and waiting as footsteps echoes everywhere in the house. "Where is he?" Another voice, this time a foot away from me. Standing up taking him out all the same running towards my next gun stop.

"I can’t see! I can't see!"

"Mask on everybody." Before the voice could finish his sentence, I stood up taking them unawares firing away. It was almost comical watching them fall, screaming and dying but some were quick enough to take cover behind the walls. I yelled taking down every moving soul in the room ruining the condo in the process forgetting the pains in my lower abdomen. Once that round finishes about to insert the next magazine, I heard in a foreign language.

"Gas it!" Bracing for more impact quickly locking in the magazine in my m16, little tanks flies to my feet circling around me, taking a second to realize it's teargas released. Mistakenly breathing in the thick gas made my system woozy blinking continuously while trying to get away but I have sucked in much air gas it burns my lungs and chokes my nostril tearing my eyes up. I cough staggering back for safety.