Chapter 15: The Planning Party Commences

The following morning as the morning sun rays scattered throughout the bedroom, Subaru was sleeping calmly in bed. Beatrice however, had already changed into a deep red pouf style dress with white trim along the hem. The dress had unusually long transparent fishnet sleeves that added a red tint, which Beatrice found to be fun when swinging her arms. As she knelt next to the bed, the high cut skirt revealed her white frilly stockings and claret shoes. The small spirit had her hair down and her cheeks puffed as she made small groans every now and then. Subaru stirred as he heard the groans and felt an unfamiliar pressure on his face. As the boy opened his eyes he saw Beatrice's face wearing a frown as she tapped his face with her outstretched index finger. Subaru yawned and addressed Beatrice who continued her poking.

Subaru: "Beako... is there something you need?"

Beatrice: "Up."

Subaru: "What?"

Beatrice: "Get up, I suppose."

Subaru: "Isn't it just now morning?"

Beatrice: "Grr... just get up and entertain me, I suppose. I am quite bored, in fact."

Subaru glanced around the room and noticed that several articles of clothing were scattered on the floor. It appeared that Beatrice had been awake for quite some time getting ready. He grabbed Beatrice's hand to end her poking attacks and sat up on the bed.

Subaru: "Someone is excited... You look really beautiful today, Beako."

Seemingly ignoring his compliment, Beatrice pulled her hand from Subaru's and placed her clenched fists at her side before turning her head and speaking.

Beatrice: "I am not excited, in fact. This is just how one must behave when entertaining guests, I suppose."

Subaru: "Adie lives here and I wouldn't call Niki a guest. Just admit it, you're excited about planning for the festival."

Beatrice: "Lies."

Subaru: "Fine, I see that you are full of energy this morning. Give me a minute and I'll get dressed."

Subaru rose from the bed and walked over to the wardrobe. As he was selecting clothes, Beatrice made her way towards the door before turning to face Subaru. This caught his attention and he called out to Beatrice.

Subaru: "B-beako? You aren't going to watch me change are you?"

Beatrice scowled as she blushed at his question. She almost looked ready to abandon what was on her mind and storm out. After a few seconds, she blurted out a statement.

Beatrice: "You said that I looked b-beautiful, I suppose. T-thank you, in fact!"

With that, Beatrice dashed out of the room leaving Subaru to change. He rubbed his palm on his forehead as he voiced his thoughts to the empty room.

Subaru: "Whew... she gets worked up about the most random things. I guess she really is excited for today."

Subaru smiled to himself as he put on a red tracksuit and headed downstairs to join Beatrice. He found her waiting for him on the couch in the tea room. As he approached, he heard a soft clattering sound and saw that Adella was preparing tea. Subaru took a seat next to Beatrice as Adella maneuvered an ornate tea set to pour tea for the three of them before speaking.

Adella: "Oh my, I hadn't expected to see you awake as well, Master Subaru."

Subaru: "Yeah, Beako, who is not excited at all, woke me up early."

Adella: "Is that so? I was certain that Miss Niki would have to wake you up. I'm glad to see you so motivated, Lady Beatrice. Fufufu."

Beatrice: "Whatever, is breakfast ready, I suppose?"