0 - 10

The doctor arranges for you to leave later that day.

It feels sudden. Like it's happening too fast. But you're tired of sitting around and waiting for things to come to you. Besides, it feels like everyone is trying to get rid of you, and you're tired of feeling unwanted. You don't have a lot to pack: just some of the clothing that Doctor Fizal provided you with, some spare eye patches, and your jacket.

"I can't believe you're really taking off," Hange says forlornly, hanging off of your shoulder. You had gone to tell Erwin and Hange that you were leaving- they were the only ones you really needed to say good bye to. Levi was nowhere to be found. 

Hange had insisted on accompanying you until you left. Erwin had wished you the best of luck and left it at that. "I thought you wanted to be a scout!" they protest.

"I do," you agree, "but everyone seems to be doing everything possible to make sure I don't do that."

Hange chuckles. "You mean Levi? He's probably just stopping you because you were the only one who could take him in sparring and he likes being number one in the Corps."

You straighten up immediately. "I could?"

"Well, maybe." They shrug. "You two went at it once on one of the few training days you got. It was just supposed to be light sparring, but the two of you took it pretty seriously. You guys were hitting each other pretty hard, but no one tried to step in- probably would've gotten themselves hurt if they tried."

This is news to you. You can fight, apparently. "Who won?" you ask.

Hange grins. "Levi. But it was close."

You hum to yourself. Interesting. Maybe there's some way you can train on your own while you're at this farm. "Thanks for everything, Hange," you say, turning to your friend. "I really appreciate it."

"Of course! You can write to me, if you want." Hange's eyes shine brightly from behind their glasses. "I've always wanted a pen pal."

You laugh. "Yeah, of course."

Hange walks with you out of the hospital and around to the side entrance. Willem is there, sitting on the back of a horse and talking to Erwin, who is smiling like he's enjoying their conversation. Doctor Fizal is standing with Tanner, patiently waiting with the reins of another horse. You swallow a lump in your throat and walk towards them, Hange by your side.

Erwin is the first one to greet you. "Safe travels, Logan," he says politely. "I look forward to seeing you return to the scouts in a few years."

"We're already planning on that?" you ask in surprise. "I'm not complaining, but..."

Doctor Fizal sighs. "Well, if you've given this a shot and had sufficient time to heal, then I don't see why not."

Your mood instantly brightens. "Awesome. Yes, please," you say excitedly, turning back to Hange. "I'll be seeing you soon, then."

"Hopefully," they agree. Hange pulls you in for a hug, which surprises you, but you return it instantly. "Write to me!" Hange says as they pull back. "I'll write back to you too!"

You smile, then look up to Willem. He's smiling, but his smile is tight, like he's impatient. "I'm good to go," you say, glancing one last time at Tanner and Doctor Fizal before taking the reins to the horse. You swing yourself up onto the giant beast, settling yourself in so that you don't fall. "Uh, say bye to Levi for me, I guess," you say awkwardly.

"No need," Erwin says, turning behind him. "He's been waiting."

"Oh, fuck you, Erwin," comes Levi's voice. You straighten up in surprise, looking for the source, and Levi comes out from the side of the building, jacket slung around his shoulders and scowling. He stomps over to you, looking even smaller than usual from where you are on your horse. He thrusts his hand out at you, and for a bizarre moment you think he's trying to stab you.