CHAPTER FIFTEEN

"You do know my dad would give you a job at his company if that was the case right heaven he knows your good people" Jennifer explained

All I could do was role my eyes "I don't want any free handouts, Jen, plus working in a cafe can not be as bad as your trying to make it out to be please just let me have an experience of my own it's not like I'll even be working here for the rest of my life"

I watched as Jennifer sighed sadly as she started to fiddle with her fingers a habit she did whenever something was on her mind "okay what's up?"

She sighed once again before facing me "I-it's just I feel like if you're not with me you'll make other friends and I'll slowly drift away from your memories and remain just a distant friend you know you and I have been girls since high school daze you've been my partner in crime and that's just how it's always been I just feel like things are changing way sooner than I've expected them to you especially with things going on at the campus right now but even then who's to say it wouldn't have made a difference in a couple of months anyways only thing is we'd be graduates"

I pulled Jennifer down onto one of the booths so that we were sitting beside each other "Jennifer I had no idea you were feeling this way why didn't you say anything to me sooner?"

She shrugged "I guess I was just embarrassed and with everything changing so soon obviously time isn't waiting for me plus I didn't want to seem like the obsessive clingy type you know"

"Well, you don't seem like the obsessive clingy type let's just get that out of the way, first of all, you sound like my best friend —no scratch that you sound like my sister period and you need to know that no matter what you will not be replaced I promise you that for sure I can't guarantee what's going to happen in the future but we can depend on the bond that you and I have now if that makes sense okay?"

Jennifer nodded silently as in understanding I pulled her closer into me for a hug so that I could comfort her now that I think about I've been comforting Jen a lot lately I wonder if there is anything more than what she'd just told me but I don't want to push I want her to open up to me on her own time not cause she was forced to I trust that she'll tell me soon space was all she needed right now and I could respect that.

Jennifer hesitantly moved away from me I watched as she'd wiped a low tear from her eye but I didn't say anything "well what are you waiting for then?" She smiled sniffing.

"What?" I asked smiling myself.

I felt the pressure of Jennifer pushing my body forward "go get that application and get yourself a job" she told me making hand movements for me to move along.

꧁꧂

Later that day I'd already applied to 3 different cafes hoping that they'd get back to me soon and boy did I really hope they did I'm starting to feel like a freeloader sitting around Jennifer's house with nothing to do throughout the day but my online classes soon that's about to change though.