1

The feeling that a girl gets on her proposal is almost unbeatable. We don't expect it so our hearts almost can't comprehend how to feel. The intention of spending the rest of our life with each other and the promise we make on that night. The feeling of falling in love all over again. It's unexplainable. It's such an overwhelming feeling that you want to relive over and over again.

But the feeling of that promise being broken is so intense that all those previous feelings can be driven out of your mind. And with the plain feeling of betrayal left, it can drive you do to things you never thought it would come to...

———

Honestly, my life was going as planned, everything seemed so perfect, there wasn't a single thing I could complain about. I was engaged to the love of my life and we were going to finally get married soon. Although we did get engaged quite young and early on in our relationship, it didn't make me hesitate in choosing him as my future husband. Because honestly in my eyes, Sebastian was pretty much perfect.

'Baby?' I call out into the seemingly empty house to only hear nothing but an echo of my own voice.

'Guess he's not home.' I thought to myself as I got in and went to go change out of my clothes.

'Ah, finally!' I say jumping onto the bed and lying down with my body spread across the sheets. I take in the fumes of the room with a big sigh. But something felt off...

There was a scent, not something I'm familiar with. Our room normally had either the smell of Sebastians cologne or my typical scent, nothing different. It smelt of rose, it was almost sickening how strong it was. I got off the bed and smelt the sheets since that's where it seemed to be coming from. And an ambush of a rose smell came straight at me.

'What the...' I said, feeling uneasy about the situation. I was already such a paranoid person and the smell coming straight from our bed wasn't comforting at all. It's almost as if someone wanted to leave a sign, on purpose.

I got off the bed and stood over it in silence. My mind went blank for a few seconds as I just stared at the room in silence. Now something was telling me to check every inch of that room... and so that's what I did. I looked through our desk, bedside table and our bathroom for the rose perfume. But when I finally reached the wardrobe, I found something that made my heart pound against my chest. On one of his work suits, I saw a strand of blonde hair sitting on the shoulder of his blazer, knowing full well my hair was the darkest of black.
All I could do was stare at the single strand of hair. At this point my instincts were telling me to leave the damn apartment with no explanation, but another part of me was trying to reason with what I'd just found.

'Maybe he just hugged a colleague. Maybe he just brought a new perfume and spilled it.' Maybe he this, maybe he that... That was all that was going through my mind.

I heard the front door open and my eyes slowly moved to the bedroom door. I watched as he walked into the apartment and walked towards the bedroom. The wardrobe was still wide open but my head wasn't functioning enough to at least try to not look suspicious.

'What you doing over there, baby?' Sebastian asks as he walks up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist.

'I was just looking for one of my shirts.' I replied as he grabs my hips and spins my around so that I was now facing him. I give him a weak smile as I notice that he was about to go in for a kiss. I quickly reached my arms around his neck and gave him a hug instead, trying to avoid the kiss which he definitely noticed from his facial expressions. He returned the hug before kissing my cheek and walking off to get changed.

I close the wardrobe doors as I walk to the side of the bed and start fixing the sheets that I messed up earlier.

'So where were you?' I ask casually, trying to not seem suspicious.

'At work, I was finishing up some things for my dad.' He says as he starts unbuttoning his shirt. Sebastian worked at his dad's successful company and in turn, also being quite a successful man himself.

He tosses his shirt at me and laughs expecting my usual reaction of tossing it back or laughing. But this time I just carried on doing what I was doing and ignored it.

'Are you okay, baby?' He asks in a concerned tone.

I look up at him blankly and stare at him for a second or two, trying to read if his concern was genuine or was everything just an act. I lift the corners of my lips and force a smile.

'Of course I am.' I look back down at the sheets and carry on doing what I was doing before.

'If you say so... I'm gonna get in the shower.' He says before walking into the shower.

Just seeing him acting so normal make my eyes tear up slightly. It's because he's so normal that everything feels so much worse. Was everything just an act?

I get onto the bed, not knowing what to do, because my suspicions weren't completely confirmed yet. But I needed to find out because this was going to drive my insane. And just as I was about to lie down and end the night here, I noticed his phone sitting in the corner of the room. It seemed so hidden as it sat between the different layers of clothing yet so visible in my eyes. I picked it up without a second thought, put in his password and went straight to his messages.

I scroll through the list and no suspicious female names in sight. And that's when I thought to myself, 'You idiot, of course he won't use their real names.' So I went back to the top and went through the list once again, reading the names carefully and their most recent text that was visible. I came across a name, 'Adrian', that didn't seem familiar to me. I clicked on their messages and as I tried to scroll to the top it didn't take me far. It seemed like only messages from today were visible.

'Did he delete their chat?' I thought to myself as I took a deep breath, preparing myself for the worst.

I heard Sebastian turn off the tap in the shower which meant he was almost done. In a hurry I scrolled through the messages to see if there was anything I could find. And that's when I noticed an address. I took a quick mental note before switching off the phone and putting it back where it was as I heard the bathroom door open.

'I'll just check tomorrow morning...' I thought to myself, annoyed that I couldn't see more.

——————————————

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment! Also follow my Instagram
(@ miraa.stories )