Mission 16: UA Sports Festival Pt.1

('Thinking')

"Speaking"

~~~~~~~~Sports Festival Stadium~~~~~~~~~

~~~~Izuku POV~~~~

It has been a week since Aizawa announced we'd be having the sports festival. Everyone took the week off given to them for training. I was surprised as some of my classmates came to me for help with their training. Namely Momo, Kirishima, Uraraka, Shoji and Izumi. At first I was going to refuse helping Izumi, but Momo convinced me otherwise.

She once again pointed out I shouldn't let my emotions keep me from doing whats right. Izumi getting stronger meant that she could in turn save more people as a hero. After that "incident" with All-might, I was having conflicting emotions. 

Now that I was older I understood logically that what happened that night, wasn't All-mights fault. Everything else before yes, definitely. Everything else I could deal with before that night. Not after, it was the sense of betrayal from that night that set everything else in motion.

Emotionally I couldn't understand why didn't he notice? Why was I forgotten? Why was I left behind? These thoughts are what tormented me, what broke me. However they are also what allowed me to gather the strength I needed to survive even if it was just to spite All-might.

Thats why I found myself so confused, I still hated them but maybe deep down I still wanted what I didn't get as a child, their love.

Shaking off those thoughts I ended up helping them in the mornings, and doing my own training in the afternoon with All-might. One-for-All was a rather tricky quirk as even All-might didn't know very much about it. He gave me the history of both AFO and OFA, filling in some of the blanks I had in regards to AFO.

It seems that OFA evolved both Realize and Warlord which opened up a world of possibility for me. I could now craft with matter from the air and not have to focus on maintaining its form. It would still decay over time but it was still a huge boost. As for the evolved Warlord it boosted my strength by an insane amount.

I could now physically fight All-might and match him toe to toe in pure raw strength. I still had limits though, the burden placed on my body even though strengthened as it was couldn't hold up. I could fight with my full power for just 10 minutes, I decided to call this powered up state "WarGod". I would limit my use of Warlord to a maximum of 50% to avoid burnout.

Shoto:" Midoriya" I was brought out of my recollections by the stoic Todoroki calling out to me as we waited for the start of the Festival

"What is it Shoto?" I asked, genuinely curious as the bi-colored guy rarely spoke to anyone

Shoto:" Objectively speaking, you are the strongest here. But thats even more of a reason I will defeat you." I smirked at the comment, I did always like a challenge.

Denki:" Whoa a declaration of war to the strongest in class!"

Kirishima:" Hey TodoBro we're about to go out why are you picking a fight?"

Shoto:" I don't really care, I'm not here to make friends. I'm here to prove a point, and to do that I will defeat you Midoriya." I looked into Shoto's eyes, trying to get a feel for what could be driving him. He didn't seem the arrogant type, so his motivation has to be something else.

"I don't know what it is you're trying to prove or to who." I began " But, I will take you on. You know who I am and what I do, if you want to take me down....." I paused and looked around at everyone " You all better use 200% because I'm going full force." I smirked