//bittersweet reunion//

-----

I yawned while I laid sprawled across the couch in Norman's office, tossing my knives into the air and then catching them one by one. I had thrown a knife quite high into the air and it started to drop towards me. I extended my arm to catch it just as the door busted open with a 'BAM!!'

"Hey, Boss!!" There was a sickeningly cheerful voice rang out, as none other than Barbara kicked the door open. As I startled in shock the knife fell past my hand, piercing the couch mere centimetres from my face.

I gulped drily, a bead of sweat rolling down my face. "Ahahahahahahhh-" I laughed nervously, pulling the knife out of the couch.

"Who's this?" Barbara spat, raising a curious eyebrow as she entered, followed by Cislo and then Vincent.

I hummed but ignored the ponytailed girl, stuffing the knife that had nearly severely injured me- wouldn't be the first time, though, into my thigh holster, as I grabbed a snack from the center of the table, stuffing it into my face.

"Hahhh-?" Barbara scowled, annoyed at my defiance, stomping on the table and leaning towards my face.

I hummed, eating the last bite of my breakfast- being the treats I made Norman begin stocking up on. "Nor- William Minerva isn't here right now." I mumbled, raising an eyebrow and turning to face the three in the room. As soon as I caught sight of Vincent's forehea-er, face, I suppressed my strong need to say something out loud. Something stupid, per usual.

All of the three Lambda escapees eyes' widened as they likely registered my likeness to their boss upon seeing my face.

"Ehhh??" Cislo hummed, sitting down across from me. "Just like a female Boss!" I raised an eyebrow and shrugged, sitting up on the couch.

My lip curled in unintentional disgust as I watched Barbara took a bite of her demon's meat. "Oh, want some?" She asked, raising an amused eyebrow.

I pursed my lips, trying my best to avoid saying something stupid that would get me killed. "No-thank-you, ahaha." I smiled thinly.

"So, who are you?" Cislo repeated Barbara's earlier question.

I hummed. "I'm sure Vincent knows." I turned to the footb-ahahahahah. Smart man with an uninterested shrug.

Vincent raised his eyebrows. "Boss told you my name?" He asked suspiciously

I frowned. "Sure. We'll go with that, since I don't know how much you know." I smiled with fake sweetness, standing up and grabbing my things. These people give me a sick feeling in my stomach. Likely the result of knowing they probably wouldn't tolerate my bullsh*t. "Oh, are the rest of the Gracefield kids here yet?" I asked with a hum.

Vincent tilted his head. "Soon." I chewed on my bottom lip, trying to suppress my desire to be an idiot again. Look cool, Y/N. Look cool.

I nodded in acknowledgement of the three Lambda escapees. "Then, see you all later." I waved as I left but stopped at the doorway. "Oh, remember." I smiled. "Norman isn't a god." I smiled once again before turning back, giving up on looking cool. "And, Vincent?"

Vincent raised his eyes in question.

"...your head looks like a football." I then bowed politely and took my leave, closing the door behind me.

-----

Vincent watched the albino girl leave, a dissatisfied look on his face.

"She's got spunk." Barbara murmured in admittance. "I don't like her, though."