forty-two

"Hey, Jesse

"Hey, Jesse. How big is that abandoned house that they use for the haunted house?" I hear Ryan come into my room as I'm laying on my bed, surfing the web on my laptop. Moving my laptop over to the left, I look over at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Why do you ask?" I ask him back

He slumps down on my bed with Cyrus following suit, leaning against the wall over my room looking at us closely as we converse.

"I need to know how many square feet so I can tell Paola."

"Who's Paola?" I ask confused

"Um...Karma's friend?"

"Again who's Paola?" I ask again genuinely not knowing who this woman is.

He raises his hands in disbelief and jerks his head back, "My girlfriend!"

"Oh!" I say in realization, "The small squeaky one." I'm sure Karma has talked about her to me before but I never really caught her name. But my mind always tricked me to believe her name was Patricia.

His face drops and he snarls back to me, "Yes...that one." he takes a breath and I have to restrain from laughing at the annoyed look on his face, "So how big is it?"

I smirk at the question, not wanting to let the opportunity to mess with him some more go to waste, "The house or my di--" I say and sigh as he cuts me off

"Don't' say it!" He rushes out covering his ears and I place my hands up in surrender, deciding to stay quiet

"Well don't ask Karma, it's not like she'd know," Cyrus says and Ryan slaps a hand to his mouth as I glare at Cyrus, going back to typing on my laptop.

"The house is 3,500 square feet, Ryan. Again, why does Paola need it?"

"She needs it for the party that she and Justine are throwing for Karma that I'm not supposed to tell you about," he says quickly slapping his hands to his mouth cursing himself out under his breath. I raise an eyebrow at this and close my laptop as Cyrus slowly walks over to the edge of the bed next to Ryan.

"The party that you weren't supposed to tell me about?" I ask. I take it that Karma finally told her friends about her and I the same way that I've told Cyrus and Simp. I'm guessing she also told them that we had a falling out.

He sighs loudly and says, "Yes. Paola and Justine would rather you not be there because it's Karma's birthday party." That's even more of a reason for me to go.

"I'm showing up to that party." I laugh at the face he makes as he shakes his head quickly.

"Fuck! No. No. NO. Jesse. She'll kill me if she found out that I even asked you about the measurements never mind the fact that I even told you it was for Karma." He groans at me and Cyrus laughs at this.