THIRD

The scent of the early morning air filtered the stuffy classroom, teens running up and down the halls

The scent of the early morning air filtered the stuffy classroom, teens running up and down the halls. Eunmi sat peacefully at her desk as she listened to her friends argue.

"Yes, ghosts are really real!" her childhood best friend, Park Daniel argued. The two had known each other since forever, they're almost like siblings. He's very much the opposite of eunmi, his more quiet and geeky demeanor compared to her outspoken and confident personality.

"No they aren't." Yoon Hera denied. R had become fond of the tall girl when they were paired up in gym in middle school. Hera's the captain of the volleyball team and the two couldn't be more similar.

"But I saw one! For real!" Daniel tried convincing her. "Eunmi, Eunmi what do you think?" he turned to Eunmi and asked, hopeful she'll take his side.

Eunmi pursed her lips, wondering how on earth she ended up with these two as her friends. "I agree with Hera, it just seems like another one of your conspiracy theories." she shrugged, taking out her notebook.

"Jeez, both of you are no fun." he slumped down in his seat as Hera teased him. Eunmi took out her pen and aligned it perfectly with her notebook, readying herself for the day.

Soon the chatter died down as their homeroom teacher, Mr. Han walked in. "Good morning everyone." he smiled and the lively class greeted him back. "Han Seojun is back," Mr. Han started off.

A series of murmurs and rumors spread throughout the room in a spilt second as Han Seojun entered the room. "Let's give him a warm welcome, yeah?" Mr. Han asked and the class gave an unenthusiastic welcome.

Eunmi recognized him from the night before but she wasn't going to say anything. Han Seojun walked over to his seat, which was currently occupied by their newest student, Lim Jugyeong.

"This is my seat."

Jugyeong opened her mouth to say something but mr.han interrupted her. "Jugyeong's sitting there because she has bad vision. Would you mind sitting in the back?" he informed Seojun.

Said boy sighed, walking towards the back, taking a seat next to Eunmi.

The bell rang, signaling it was time for lunch. their math teacher, Mrs. Jang dismissed them. Students desperately raced out of the suffocating classroom and to the cafeteria.

Hera linked arms with Eunmi, leaving Daniel to travel behind them to lunch. The trio found a table near the front, so they could be the firsts' to leave lunch.

Eunmi sat in the crowded lunch room, opening her lunch box. For some reason she found school lunch disgusting and simply refused to eat it. "Are you guys free after school?" Daniel picked at his food.

"No," Hera munched on her chicken, not bothered by his pout. "I have practice today, our first game is starting soon." she smiled, Hera always got excited over the sport she loved so much.

"Yeah, I have to go to the talent show auditions." Eunmi chewed on the food her mother packed her. She had planned to audition for the talent show ever since she heard it was starting up again.

Suddenly the loud sound of a lunch tray crashing the floor was heard, silencing the cafeteria.