Chapter 1: Beginning

Eclipse: "So let me begin with telling you my story. How about we start with the very beginning, 7 years ago?"

.

.

.

7 years ago, Eclipse POV

I was coming home from school after a long day, luckily it was the last day of the week. As I was entering the house of my family in Vale, I could hear a familiar voice, a voice that I was happy to hear. It was my brother, Zure, who is 17 years old and just made it to Beacon Academy! I'm proud that my brother made it this far!

Zure: "Hey lil brother! I'm back with a ton of school stuff but how about we do something together as brothers?", He said in a very cheerful and friendly voice.

"Yes!!!", I called out in pure joy.

Zure: "Then let's go!"

And then we started to play in the garden a few matches of badminton. At that time I only won a few times against him, as he was way taller and more agile than I with my 10 years, but I had fun much fun. Sadly all things have to come to an end...

Mother: "Eclipse! Stop with your stupid game and let Zure do his studies!", She called.

"O-Ok, mother..."

Zure: "Don't worry, lil bro, we will play later." My brother said to me and then we both went back into our home.

As time has passed, my brother made it in the second year of Beacon and came again over the first semester holidays back to us. Of course, I was happy to see him again but... not like the years before. The reason was simple: our parents. Both of them wanted me to let my brother in peace so he can study but my brother didn't cared about that and came to me and showed me some of his fighting moves. He was a very good brother ... at least until that one day.

As he had to return back to Beacon, they did some kind of a school trip but were attacked by a huge army of Grimm. Everyone thought it would be their end and the teacher who was with them was heavily injured. But then my brother died... No not in that way, he survived this by dealing alone with the army of Grimm saving everyone's life. You now maybe think what I meant with "my brother died", well he died for me. After this saving action of him, he was celebrated as a hero only because of his luck of having a very strong Semblance. That's was also the day when my parents forgot about literally my existence as they now only cared for the great Zure, the savior of humanity. This was the day where I finally saw what kind of person my brother truly is. He's just an arrogant dumb guy who thinks he can do whatever he wants. Just as I already said, my parents started to ignore me, and the only occasions where they acknowledged my existence, were when I did something terrible. One of these things was during my first year at Signal Academy. It was an overall terrible day, first, I got a bad grade because the teacher was the opinion that my fighting style is so bad that no other grade would be fitting for it. Well, it's kinda hard to come up with a presentable fighting style when you are more or less trained with the usage of swords and not fists. And second, on the same day, I have met a Faunus girl being bullied by some other students and so I stood up for her to help her and everything that I got was a scolding from a teacher because I punched one of them in his stupid face even though his Aura protected him and I got hit as mine wasn't awakened. They said they would call my parents and well the discussion that I had at home wasn't that nice.

Mother: "Why are you such a failure?" She said to me in a very mean tone.

"Bu-" I tried to say.