» boxes

"The first step to change is to leave. Pack up your boxes, write labels on them with deeper meanings. Write one titled 'treasure chest of nightmares' and place all of your ugly outfits that you're still going to wear even if they have lost their original colors. Write another one called 'memorable trash' and fill it with pictures you took by accident, that turned out blurry but when you look at it one more time, it looks surreal.

"But what if there is no other place for me to go? I'm stuck here."

"Then go on a treasure hunt but take only one box with you."

"Titled?"

"That's up to you. Title it as something that will make you wonder every single time you see it. For all you know, you can see this box every day of your life, and still something new pops up in your mind."

"And then?"

"Then go outside. Pick up anything that interests you as you go around walking. Nothing illegal, of course. Remember that. No, don't give me that look. I can't be charged with inspiring criminal activities."

"If you say so." A sneaky smile etched itself onto her chapped lips.

"And then, hide the box somewhere that even you wouldn't find if you were on a normal treasure hunt. Stand back and then look around. You'll figure it out that way as you see the world as if it's on a canvas. Every time, you find yourself suppressed from the past or from the bottles tripping you constantly, go outside, pick up things that interest you, and go to your secret spot. Place those things in the box and every time you feel the world choking you, go find new things. When you can leave, when you are free from a nest full of glass shards, then take the box with you. Hide the box again at your new location. And when you're feeling bad again, go find it and look through it. Remember the moments that excited you when you found that extremely old lucky penny. Or that four-leaf clover. Go, do it."