- twenty two -

Aria Rowen

I left the classroom, leaving Luke Carrow behind at the desk.

My friends were still gathering their own belongings, but I wasn't exactly in the mood to talk to anyone else. Luke had already ruined my mindset for the rest of the day, and all I could hope for was that someone else would sit next to him tomorrow.

I was the first person to exit the class, but just as I was about to turn onto the next hallway, I felt a hand on my shoulder as I was pulled back, already knowing who it was.

"Draco—"

He spun me around and wrapped an arm around my waist, bringing my body against his as he pressed my back against the wall beside us.

"Are you alright? Did Carrow—"

"I'm fine," I gazed into his grey eyes as he stared back into mine, and I could tell that he was trying to read my expression to know if I was telling the truth. "Really, I'm fine. I can handle him myself."

He gave a small nod, though I don't think he was too convinced. "Here," Draco reached into his robe pocket and pulled out another small paper bag, discreetly handing it to me as I playfully rolled my eyes.

Even though I already knew what it was, I peered into the bag anyways to see a tiny vial of Alternis Serum at the bottom. This version of a contraceptive potion lasts an entire month, thank Merlin for that.

I tucked the bag into my pocket before turning my attention back to him.

"I'll switch desks with you... you can sit with Nott and I'll take the spot beside Carr—"

"Draco... I'm fine. I can handle it on my own," I placed my hands on his chest and gave him a playful shove backwards. "People are coming out of class."

"So?" Draco briefly bit down on his lower lip as he glanced down the hall, watching as the door to the potions classroom reopened and students began to fill the dungeon corridor.

"So... I have another class to go to— and so do you!" I gave a light laugh and leaned away from the wall.

"Then I guess I'll see you there," He turned and walked towards the clusters of students, not even giving me a chance to say anything else.

•••

"I swear to god, Dylan. If you throw one more piece of bread at me I'm going to drag you outside and—"

"Good evening students!" Headmaster McGonagall's cheery voice interrupted Jenna's threats, causing us to all turn to look at the front of the great hall.

"What's this about?" Indy leaned over and began whispering to me, but I shrugged my shoulders in return.

"It has been a wonderful, but tough school year so far, and your professors and I would like to award your studious behavior with an event that we will be hosting on your final night before you all return home for the winter break..."

Jenna let out a noticeable laugh, but Indy reached across the table and lightly slapped her.

"This year, Hogwarts will be hosting a Winter Formal!"

Several students, mostly younger ones, let out gasps of pure joy, but the others, the majority being from the Slytherin table, gave loud groans.