- Chapter 1 -

Jumping right into the story pog.

TW// Self loathing, angry Mumbo Iskall & Scar, bit of violence, depressive thoughts
Grian's POV

Grian looked at the sky overhead. It was a lovely day today. He was going to make this a fantastic day. Every day was absolutely amazing here on Hermitcraft Season 7.

He equipped his elytra, his mind flashing to the wings he worked so hard to hide. Those purple feathered monstrosities.

Those wings brought bad memories. Bad, bad memories. Grian didn't want to think about it. They made him think of... Yeah. Nevermind.

Going back to his forceful cheerful mindset, he pulled out his firerockets and took off into the sky, the sunlight reflecting off of his clothing.

His communicator buzzed, nearly startling him out of the sky. Grian swooped down, landing on a tree and sitting down on one of the sturdiest branches he could see. He pulled out the little device from his inventory, looking down at it.

<MumboJumbo> GRIAN!
<Goodtimeswithscar> Come to my base. Right now
<Grian> okay! :)

Grian forced himself to stay positive, although something told him that the two were definitely not happy about something.

While flying to Scar's magnificently built base, he was unfortunately left alone to fly with his thoughts as company.

Instead of hiding in my own self hatred, why don't I take these few moments to actually think? Grian cut through his own line of thinking.

He'd been seeing signs of an.. old friend. He was honestly just wondering how in the world he had gotten here, in Hermitcraft. The only two ways he could think of would be either a Watchers work, or an admin. Maybe it was just a hacker.

Grian shook his head slightly, scattering his clear thinking. It would be fine. Everything would be fine! He'd just go see what Mumbo and Scar needed and then get on with his great day.

He watched the forestry and beauty of nature rush past down below as he swept through the skies of Hermitcraft. His savior.

After a few more minutes, Scar's home came into view. He quickly scoped out where his friends were and where he should land.

He dove downward, straightening himself moments before landing gracefully in front of his friends. He'd always been kind of a showoff about his flight capabilities.

He turned to his friends, who all wore a somewhat matching angry expression. Grian didn't drop his smile.

"Hey guys! What do you ne-" Grian was cut off by Mumbo.

"You destroyed my base!" The mustached shouted angrily. It took all of Grian's willpower to not flinch away, or drop his smile. "You literally left a SIGN."

"Our things were destroyed too," Iskall cut in, and Scar nodded. Grian shivered. He sounded furious.

"Oh," was all Grian said, his forced smile twitching slightly. He could feel his protective barrier going down. He didn't want to break in front of everyone. "I'm sorry, okay..? I can help repair your guy's things, if you want."

Mumbo, Iskall and Scar all glared at him. Grian shifted uncomfortably, not realizing he was shaking.

"I want you to come see this," Mumbo growled. Grian nodded obediently.

"Today's a great day," he reminded himself quietly as Mumbo walked him away from Iskall and Scar, who were glaring daggers into the back of his head.

The two hermits took off into the sky. Grian followed behind Mumbo, feeling more and more desperate for his friend to be well.. normal again.

"Great day out today!" Grian exclaimed in an attempt to make conversation. Mumbo ignored him.

Grian looked at his friend anxiously. Had he really messed up that badly? He didn't even do anything! At least, he didn't think.

The anxious hermit sighed. "Look, I'm sorry, 'kay?"

Mumbo glared back at him. "So you did do it?"

Grian shrunk back under Mumbo's angry gaze. He tried to recall ever destroying anyones things. Sure he'd pranked them, but those were all fun and games!

..right?

"No- no no no, I wouldn't destroy your base," Grian promised frantically. Mumbo didn't respond, just looked away.

Grian swallowed. He didn't have a good feeling about this.

They reached Mumbo's base after a bit more flying and Grian instantly cringed a bit when he saw the inside condition. Everything looked absolutely destroyed. Blocks missing and mixed up in the formerly well built wall.

"Eergh- yikes, okay," Grian looked around. He turned back to Mumbo, who was standing with his arms crossed. "Look look, I'm really sorry about this. But I'll help you rebuild! I promise I-"

He was cut off by a harsh slap to the face. He stood there, shocked.

Mumbo had just- he-

Grian shut his eyes tightly, trying not to cry.

"I don't want your help!" Mumbo snapped. "You've already caused enough damage!"

"I'm sorry," he mumbled, looking down and avoiding eye contact. He felt young all over again.

"Look, I'm just-" Mumbo sighed. "I'm just upset, okay Grian? Just.. just leave."

Grian nodded quickly, turning and running out.

He quickly took off into the sky, finally letting tears fall. He bolted toward his base at full speed, finding it extremely difficult to fly.

> - - >

Grian made it back to his base. He stumbled inside, sobs shaking his body. Three of his friends hated him for a crime he didn't commit.

He sat down where he was, knees up against his chest. All his thoughts and memories were crowding his head, making it hard to think straight.

That was, until a realization struck him.

This.. this is what Sam did.

Grian inhaled sharply, still sniffling from his breakdown a few moments ago.

Sam was..
Sam is here. 

AUTHORS NOTE//
Did I get Sam's name right??

Also hey! If you don't know me, hi! The names Lucky! I go by they/them pronouns and this is my first proper Hermitcraft story!

Welcome to the beginning friends :)
Sorry if anyone is out of character I don't watch Hermitcraft often👩‍🦲