𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐎𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭
☔︎︎
𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞,𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝

November

Grabbing the stack of freshly folded shirts, Terrence grabbed them, gently sitting them in the half full suitcase that sat on the bed. "Damn," he mumbled after realizing just how much space the shirts took up. He wouldn't have too much space for his shoes.

He was trying to take as much as possible out of the house. Something in his head was telling him that whatever he left, Leah would destroy. Fuck it, I'ma just have to replace it. Continuing to stuff clothes in the suitcase, he soon heard the alarm, indicating to him that the door had opened. "Garage door closed."

Leah was back.

He heard the sound of her keys hitting the table then the sound of her humming an unknown song. "Whew, I'm so sore," she announced as she came up the slightly squeaky stairs. "Uhh, what are you doing," she asked once she entered their room, noticing the open suitcase.

Looking over his shoulder, he noticed her gym clothes, but stayed focused. "I'm leaving."

Leah chuckled in her head as she kicked off her shoes then made her way over to the bed. "Heard that one before."

"I'm for real this time," he replied, speaking the truth.

"Whatever. I'm bored, wanna watch a movie?" His eyes flicked up to her shaking her head. She thought he was playing.

"Do as you please Leah."

She sat up, watching as he packed his clothes away. Her heartbeat began to speed up as she looked around the half empty room. The picture of his birth parents was no longer on the nightstand, his college diploma was off the wall, the jewelry box that held all of his chains was off the dresser and much more.

After putting as much as he could into the suitcase, he zipped it closed, grabbed it and headed out the bedroom door. Leah springed out of the bed, following him. "Terrence..."

"Yes, Leah?" He answered, making his way down the stairs.

"You're really leaving me? After all we've been through?" she asked timidly, her voice cracking.

"Yea, I'm done."

"But why? I-I'm not getting it."

He turned around, looking at her to see that she was right on his trail. "This not gon' work anymore--"

"Yea it will! I'll change!"

He shook his head, declining her offer. "Nah, it's not. It's something really wrong with you, Leah. Worse than I've ever seen."

"Let me change!"

"I tried! We've been going through this for what? More than five years. It's only gotten worse. I'm 26; a grown ass man and I feel like a little boy. You try to control everything I do."

"How?" She asked, wiping the tear that fell out of her eye.

"I can't do shit. I go to work; you get mad. I come home after 12 AM; you accuse me of cheating! Like I got a curfew or something, Leahanna! I'm out with my friends; you get mad. I'm on the phone for too long; you get mad and that shit is annoying 'cause the only person I'm ever on the phone with for that long is my auntie and you know that," he expressed, growing irritated.

"I'm sorry! I won't do it anymore."

He shook his head, "Nah, it's coo'. I'm done," he said what he thought was his final piece and started walking towards the front door.