#2

Essence

As stupid as it sounds, I'm excited to go to school. It probably sounds lame, I know, there was a time it seemed like a dream to not go, but there was also a time when I prayed to go to school and not be at home. It wasn't my choice, believe me, he'd never let me.

I didn't know how much time I would be spending just trying to make myself look mildly presentable. At the rate I was going now, I would surely be late to my first day.

If this town did have attractive people like last night, I'm definitely gonna be a sore thumb out. Memories flood back to those four boys I met yesterday. All carrying model-like features so casually.

Would they be at the school I'm going to? Would they talk to me? I most definitely need friends, I need to be a normal teenage girl for once.

Love was an entirely different thing, I am not on the market. I'm pretty sure I have a curse when it comes to that, everyone I love leaves me, and that's why it's hard to make friends. I don't know if I'm cut out for that, at least not anymore.

Rushing to school took up fifteen more minutes of my time only making me a solid ten minutes late. Here I stood in front of my new school with nerves clouding my mind. The day I've been dreading the most about this whole experience. I'm still excited, just not for 'the first days'.

I walk into the crowded school immediately blending in with all of the teens. I scanned everyone whose attention was on anything but me. I was glad that I was blending in so soon, I was not looking to catch the eyes of everyone.

I made my way to the office and stood in front of the front desk waiting to catch the attention of the people sitting behind the counter "How may I help you darlin'"One lady's southern accent was strong I found myself enjoying it the more she spoke.

"Hi, I need my schedule—and stuff.." I said not sure what else I may need.

She looked down shaking her head and chuckling "And stuff" she muttered mimicking me. I bit my lip while shaking my leg up and down it was a habit, a bad one at that, "yes, well what's your name sweety?" She asked me

"Essence Roslyn," I told her, she nodded her head while looking through a file of papers her eyes widened as she went through the file.

I sigh looking anywhere but her suddenly judgmental face. I hear papers slide across the counter not moments after.

"Everything should be there." She says now completely disregarding me and entering an office conversation.

I don't bother thanking her before grabbing the stack of papers and heading out of the office.

My eyes still fixated on the papers flipping through them, I come across a gasp, a really high-pitched one causing me to look up and see four familiar faces.

Just great-

My throat was caught off by a smushing hug. The light brown-haired boy squeezed my body against him suddenly. I took a sharp breath in shutting my eyes tight as my hands stuck to my sides. I didn't like sudden touch the feeling sent my heart into the pit of my stomach.

He was soon pulled off, "what the fuck I was trying to hug her" he muttered they all ignored him and turned their eyes to me.

"We meet again" the dark-brown-haired boy spoke up, I still didn't know any of their names. The blonde one grabbed my files from my hand and started going through it well almost.