- 𝟏𝟐𝟗

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     A BANG in the sky and a slight tremor in the ground put them to a stop. there were streaks of fire, cascading from the sky like a waterfall. fireballs of some sort- they were bright and probably hot, rosa was almost certain she could feel the heat from where they were standing.

     rosaline frowned whilst daryl stood up, "what the hell is that?"

     her husband looked around frantically, trying to figure out what had happened. in the end, he was clueless, "don't know, rosa."

     the trio rushed back to the camp. by the time that everyone could figure out what was going on, a fire had been discovered on the other side of the border. obviously, the embers would spread, meaning that eventually, the fire would be on their side. they were forced to cross.

     rosaline had put the dogs into a safe place, deciding that they couldn't be running around with all the chaos going on. if the flames were to spread, they'd burn themselves if unattended. daryl was already out with buckets of water on his back and a few weapons.

     he and rosa were planning to help on putting everything out. carol too. daryl demanded that she wear his bandana so she didn't inhale the toxic fumes that had burst up in the other side of the forest, and so she complied. many metal structures had scattered throughout the area, split open and heavily damaged. it looked like a rocket of some sort.

     daryl grabbed rosaline's hand, "you stick close."

    cyanide raced through the crowd of people, "we start on the outside and push in!" she ordered.

     the brunette tried rinsing off the fire with some of the water she was carrying on her back in a metal bucket with a hose. her attempts seemed futile as the flames were growing larger and hotter. the fire was just spreading and not to mention, it was attracting walkers from all around the area to where they were.

     her breaths seemed heavy as she kept pouring water buckets passed to her by other people, daryl joining her with his own water spray. dawn had come already. he seemed to be acknowledging how the work was straining her - she was just after her pregnancy too. 

     "i'm out." the marksman announced, turning to her, "you okay?"

     she nodded quickly, trying to focus on putting the embers out, "i'm fine. just want to get this out." sound of growling caught her attention, "walkers."

     "daryl!" a voice shouted.

     cyanide passed him his crossbow and rosaline's bow. the woman dropped the bucket, joining him in shooting down the undead. although, more and more walkers had come. despite that, people continued to try and put out what was left of the wildfire while carol and some others worked on killing.