Shut up

Vic

Harry was coming home from London today, we haven't really talked since I left, with the exception of him asking if he could come by once he lands, and I agreed... we needed to talk and we've had a few days to clear our heads... I think I'm ready to see him not feel angry. His flight is getting in around noon so he said he'd see me at 1 and that he'd text me when he was on his way, he just needed to stop at his house first.

I'm so nervous to see him again, he's seen some of my most vulnerable moments, and I'm scared to see him today just to talk. I'm so afraid that what we had before is gone and ruined along with the friendship we built. He's my favorite person, if this is really ruined and awkward... I don't know what to do. Sarah and Sophia have been trying to keep my anxiety at bay and reassuring me that Harry genuinely cares about me and wouldnt let this ruin our friendship, but I also didn't think he would've went off, and slept with his ex girlfriend in London, while I was waiting up for him at his house. I'll stop being bitter about that eventually...

The clock turned to noon and I knew Harry would be landing in LA, any minute now. Does he still want to see me? Even after his 10 hour flight? I wouldn't blame him if he just went home and fell asleep or took a shower, that kind of flight would make anyone feel gross. Being stuck in a small row of seats, sat directly next to a stranger for 10 hours straight? Not my idea of comfort.

12:30 rolled around and I still haven't heard from him telling me he landed, maybe his flight may have just gotten delayed... wouldn't he have sent me a text at least letting me know he was going to be later? Maybe he just got held up at his house or something, maybe he had to stop at the store first. I'm trying not to jump to conclusions but... that's proving to be easier said than done, my anxiety is just taking any little thought and running wild with the 'what if's'.

1 o'clock came faster than i was expecting, still no word from Harry. I texted him and I tried to call him and I got no answer on either. Maybe he changed his mind and doesnt want to talk or see me today... I just wish he would've said something if that were the case. Or maybe his flight got real delayed and he's still in the air and just not getting my message or voicemail. He wouldn't just ignore me like that... right? I mean, I'd like to think he wouldn't.

The clock read 1:30 now and there's been nothing but radio silence from Harry. I've given up on waiting and figured he just changed his mind, or just simply forgot, either way, it wasn't worth waiting around to find out. I sent a text to the group chat I have with Sarah and Soph letting them know he wasn't coming and I gave up hoping he would.

Am I just... not what he wanted anymore? Was I ever what he wanted in the first place? Who am I kidding? Was I even good enough for him? I mean look at me compared to Emily, she's everything I'm not and everything I'm insecure about.

The sound of my phone ringing pulled me back to reality and I scooped it from the table and saw mitch's name and contact picture fill my screen. I'm sure Sarah said something to him about Harry blowing me off and he's come to try and vouch for him... which I appreciate but, I don't need to hear him try and defend Harry right now.

"Mitch, I don't-"

"Victoria. There's been an accident..." his sentence echoed through mind as my ears began to ring. This can't be real... I was sitting here telling myself he was just being shitty and blowing me off and not once did I even think he could be in trouble.

"Wait... uh, wha- what?" I stuttered out, thinking back to when I could see him in my dream, hanging upside down in the passenger seat as we listened to the sound of the horn being held down by the other drivers body. "Uh... send me the address of wherever he is." I said quietly into the phone.

"Vic-"

"Just, text me where he is." I snapped at him and hung up, immediately regretting it. Moments after Mitch sent me the name and address of a hospital and I grabbed my keys and ran out of the apartment slamming the door behind me as I ran down the hall for the stairs.

~•PLAY SONG NOW•~

I raced to my car and jumped in, starting it quickly and peeling out of my parking spot and racing to the hospital. All I could see was flashbacks running through my mind of my father, and the impact of the truck hitting the passenger door. The blood running down his face and the way his arms just hung above his head, and all the times I should've said I loved him and didn't.

I was just kidding when I said Arlo was the only man I needed, I didn't mean it when I told Sophia I was 'done with men'. My hands felt fuzzy as I gripped the steering wheel until my knuckles turned white. What if he's really hurt? What if he's really hurt and the last time we saw each other was me leaving London, angry? What if it's really bad? What if it was a really bad accident, and he's not okay? What if he won't be okay? Did Mitch call his mom already? She would want to know about this, Harry, would want her to know if he's hurt or okay.

I quickly pulled into the parking garage of the hospital and ran down the few flights of stairs and towards the front entrance of the building. I pushed the two glass doors open and ran inside and stopped, I found myself in a waiting room with a desk on the far wall with a nice, middle aged woman sitting behind it. I quickly walked over to her and she smiled brightly at me.

"Uh, Styles? Harry? There was an accident?" I said quickly and she gave me a small smile.

"I'm sorry ma'am, we're only allowing approved, ID'd, individuals in to see our VIP patients." She told me sweetly, and I shook my head. I understand why they won't just let me go see him, they can't confirm that I'm not just some random girl who hears Harry Styles was here.

"No, please you have to let me see him. He's my best friend." I pleaded and she sighed sadly and shook her head slowly.

"Ma'am, I'm sorry." She said and I threw my hands up and scoffed, trying to keep my tears from falling, as my anger and frustration grew.

"Vic, over here!" I heard Mitch call out, I looked over and saw him standing beside the desk as he came from down hallway to the left of us. I ran over to him and we quickly walked down the hall he came from.

"What happened?" I asked as I tried to keep up with Mitch and his long legs.

"He was on his way home from the airport, he stopped to let someone cross the street, some girl on her phone wasn't looking and she slammed into the back of him.."

"Oh god, okay... is he okay?" I asked and he looked to me quickly before looking back in front of him looking for the right room number.

"Here... in there." He said as we stopped in front of room 136. I nodded quickly and opened the door stepping inside and closing it behind me. I took a deep breath and turned around to see Harry laying on the hospital bed.

"Harry..." I said and he looked over to me and smiled weakly.

"Vic... I meant to text you." He said and I let out a deep breath and ran my head through my hair and shook my head.

"So... youre okay?" I asked him quickly. He was laying in bed with a sling on his right arm and gauze on his forehead with medical tape holding it in place.

"Besides the concussion, dislocated shoulder, and the 13 stitches on my forehead... yeah, I'm okay." He said and gave me a weak smile, I rushed over to him and leaned over, he wrapped his arm around my neck and I wrapped mine around him.

"God, I am so glad you're okay." I whispered to him as I grabbed his shirt in my fist as I held him tighter. He pushed me gently away from him so we could look at each other.

"I am.... so sorry." He said quietly and gave me a sad look. I shook my head and pulled him back into me. It doesn't matter, none of it mattered right now.

"Shut up."