thirty-six.

❏— Chapter Thirty-six
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳  Revelations

"I don't think I can calm down."

"Yes, you can. Take a deep breath with okay, Soo?" Beomgyu's voice sounded from Soobin's laptop.

The day has come for the college admission result, Soobin almost threw his laptop when he saw the email notification the moment he woke up. He nervously called Beomgyu to tell him the news and well... Beomgyu has been trying to calm down his best friend who's been pacing back and forth around his room for almost ten minutes now.

Soobin stopped walking, sitting on his desk then started breathing with Beomgyu to try and calm his nerves down.

"Okay..." Soobin said after a few seconds. "I think I'm ready now."

"Good. Just remember that no matter the results "

"Oh god... I haven't told my father about this and at this point, I'm really going to end up homeless if I fail," Soobin nervously said, cutting off Beomgyu's words.

"Yah!" Beomgyu raised his voice a little, squinting his eyes at Soobin. "You're not gonna end up homeless, what the hell are you saying? Stop overthinking things. You got this, okay?"

Soobin looked at Beomgyu with a pout before nodding. He took another deep breath first before clicking on the email with shaking fingers. "I opened it."

"And?" Beomgyu raised his brow.

"And... what?" Soobin absentmindedly said as he was just staring at the university logo without looking at what's written in the email.

Beomgyu sighed frustratingly, reaching out his hands as if wanting to strangle his best friend. "You idiot. Read what it says."

Soobin let out a grunt before finally starting to read. Beomgyu sat straight up on his bed as he waits for Soobin to finish reading. Due to the strange face he's making while reading, Beomgyu couldn't tell if it was a good news or bad news.

"I-I passed..." Soobin whispered, looking at Beomgyu with wide eyes.

"What?" Beomgyu asked because he couldn't hear him.

"I passed," Soobin repeated, a little louder and clearer this time. "I got admitted, Beomgyu! I'm going to college!"

"Really!?" Beomgyu exclaimed, putting his face closer to the screen which clearly show how excited he was, he's even doing a little congratulatory dance. "I knew you can do it! Congratulations, you college boy!"

"I think I'm gonna puke..." Soobin didn't wait for Beomgyu to reply and just ran to the bathroom.

"Yah, Soobin!" Beomgyu shouted.

At least Soobin felt much better after he threw up in the bathroom but it didn't help himself to think of a way on how the hell he's going to tell his father about it. Knowing how his father is, he know that telling him won't be an easy task but he seriously needs to tell him. He couldn't allow himself to be excited and to celebrate his admission because of it and he needs to get it out of his chest immediately.

He had already told his grandmother about it and he received a lot of kisses all over his face and a pat on the back from his brother, Minhyuk. Oh, he almost forgot about Nayeon's slap on his arm when she congratulated him. He's not sure whether she's really happy for him or she just wants to use that chance his poor arm.

And oh... Soobin had also inform his mother about his college admission but she haven't replied since he messaged her earlier. He hopes though that she can finally help him tell his father about it because the more time he keeps everything a secret, the more restless he becomes.