54

Hi friends 🥰❤

~Aurora's Pov~

"Hey," Glenn said as I walked up to him. He was sitting alone on the porch, "Hey," I said standing in front of him, "Oliver's with Maggie, they're talking to people about your dad." He explained, Oliver came over earlier and told me Deanna was holding a meeting tonight about my dad, and it didn't look good. I nodded, "I know," I said and sat down next to him. "You alright?" He asked looking at me. I nodded again, "Yeah, I just.. I don't know." I put my hands in my jacket's pockets, it was pretty cold, colder than other days. "Talk to me," He said. I sighed through my nose and shook my head, "I'm serious, talk to me." He said, keeping his eyes on me. "I don't know what to say." I finally looked over to him.

"I don't know who I saw yesterday. That wasn't my dad." I said shaking my head. He shook his head, "Cmon.. Don't say that Aurora." He said, "They're gonna kick us out tonight.." I said looking down at the floor, "My dad almost killed someone, he pointed a gun at people. They're not letting us stay anymore, it's over.."

"It's not, we're not going anywhere. Oliver and Maggie are-" "Promise me." I cut him off, looking over at him. He furrowed his eyebrows confused, "What?" He asked. "Promise me that tomorrow won't be our last day here, that they're gonna let us stay here and grow old together as a family." He kept looking at me not knowing what to say, "You can't.." I said after a few seconds of silence. He shook his head. "Have a little faith that Maggie and Oliver are gonna convince these people." He said as I looked away from him.

I closed my eyes and shook my head, "I'm tired, Glenn. We almost lost it out there. I don't wanna go through that again.. I can't." I opened my eyes and looked at him. He just sighed and scooted closer to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. I rested my head on his shoulder and looked at the grass beneath us. "Just have some faith in them, alright?" He asked rubbing my arm slightly, looking down at me. "Okay.." I said softly.

~Later on that same day~

I walked inside to see Carl sitting on the couch with Judith. "Hey," he put Judith's jacket and hood, "Hey, where are you goin'?" I asked looking at them. "A walk, where were you?" He asked. "I was with Glenn," I replied walking over to them. "I thought you were with Oliver." He said. I smiled at the way he said his name. "Why'd you say it like that?" I asked, He looked at me and smiled, noticing my smile. "Like what?" He asked looking back down, buttoning Judith's jacket. "Mhm." I said sitting down with him. "Help me with her shoes, I can never get them on." He said. I grabbed her shoes, "It's just you just come back to sleep, that's what I meant." He said as I put on the first shoe. "I spent the night like 2 times." I said getting the other shoe ready. "No, actually it was 3." He corrected.

"You're acting like I never come here." I said slipping the shoe on Judith's foot. "Mmm." He said, grabbing the stroller. He opened the door and I picked up Judith, following him. "Okay, you wanna play like that? What's been going on with you and Enid?" I asked. I heard him sigh loudly and I laughed a bit. "Shut up Aurora." He said. "You've sneaked out with her right? What was it? Like 2 times now? Awww, It's getting serious huh? I should probably talk to her." I said as I sat Judith down. "No." He said looking at me, "Why not? You're my little brother. Indeed to see if she's right for you. What kind of sister would I be?" I asked. "If you talk to her about me- I'm gonna make you miserable." He said.

"I'll make yours 10 times worse buddy." I said as he strapped her in. "Dude, mind your own business." He said looking at me. "You're the one who started it." I said. He shook his head and took a few steps. I smirked and turned around, taking a step. "Oh! Uh," I turned back to Carl. "Dad's back." He said, I nodded a bit and he turned around heading inside. I came back to shower, He was being held in this building they were working on, I didn't know when they were gonna let him back out. I closed the door behind me and headed straight to my room, grabbing some clothes.

I heard a soft knock and I looked over to see my dad, he had a few bandages on his face and his hand was bandaged up. He looked okay besides the cuts, "You're mad." He said noticing I didn't go up to him or say anything. I nodded and walked over to my head. "Yeah." I said putting my clothes down and grabbing my hairbrush. I walked back to the mirror and started brushing my hair. "I'm sorry." He said looking at me. I shook my head and looked over to him. "What the hell was that dad?" I asked putting my brush down. He shook his head, furrowing his eyebrows slightly. "Why did you have a gun? You know they're trying to kick us out right? That's what the meeting is about." I said shaking my head.

"I know.." he said. "Why did you do it?" I asked. "He was hitting Jesse, her boys. I- I couldn't just sit by anymore knowing that was happening, Aurora." I kept looking at him and shook my head, walking back to my bed. I sat down and he walked over, sitting down next to me. "I might have to threaten one of them." He said. I stood up and shook my head, "I could have to kill one of them." He said looking at me. I looked back at him. "Who are you?" I shook my head, not taking my eyes off him. "What?" he asked, confused. "Why would you need to threaten or kill anyone? That'll only make things worse dad. Listen to yourself." I said. "I'm doing this for you." He said standing up. "For you- for Carl. Judith. For everyone. Don't you understand that? Everything I do- Everything I will do. Is for all of you. It always will be." He said.

"You don't need to kill anyone." I said, He shook his head. "Yeah, I do. If it keeps you safe, yes." He said. "Just tell them the truth. Even if this does end up happening your way and we stay, they won't trust us. They'll fear us." I said. "I tried to tell them. Aurora they don't listen, you have to understand." He said standing up, holding his arm out towards me. He put his hands on my shoulders, I shook my head looking at him. "I don't wanna be out there anymore. I can't do that again. So tonight, at that meeting. Convince them to let us stay. Tell them the truth. But don't hurt anyone. Don't threaten anyone. These people are scared. They're not used to the violence, they're living in a fake world. Just open their eyes. Make them understand. Please, promise me you won't hurt anyone tonight." I said. He kept looking at me, not saying anything. "Promise me." I repeated.

"I can't.." he said shaking his head. I tilted my head slightly and pulled away from him, walking out of my room and leaving the house. 

Word Count: 1283

i don't like that we're getting closer to negan's first appearance ahhh 🥺🥺