II. Overdose

♡ ♡ ♡As The World Caves In♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡
As The World Caves In
♡ ♡ ♡

The white powder burned Hanzō's nose as he snorted it. He laid on his back and sighed, the empty classroom dark and perfect for losing his composure.

He had decided that he couldn't be bothered to visit the old man—he didn't want to see his fading energy bleed from him—and let Yuuji go alone again.

He received a call an hour ago from Yuuji. The old man is dead.

He doesn't care. Not at all. He couldn't be bothered to mourn for that stubborn old bastard that loved the sun.

He sniffled, his nose still burning—he doesn't care at all.

His dopamine levels rose drastically, he felt warm all over and couldn't help giggling in strange delight. His body twisted onto his side and curled on the floor, clutching his stomach. His giggles came out louder, wretched sobbing mixing with it, his tears falling on the tile.

The room is a mess, chairs and desks upturned, papers thrown on the floor, and a still laughing, sobbing boy on the floor.

Hanzō could tell he is still high as a kite in a fucking thunderstorm, but the tears wouldn't stop. Even as the high went down after a few moments the crying wouldn't stop.

He just needs more, he decided.

So he snorted more and more until he felt so hot and warm and happy. Just like when he was a child before he saw the monsters. Just like when he and Yuuji would actually talk to each other and laugh unrestrained. 

He feels like the sun.

Is this what Yuuji feels everyday? It must be for him to smile and shine so brightly through everything. It's so different, being the sun is so different. He felt loved by nothing and everything, carcasses by everything the world had to offer and nothing but the faintest fans of wind.

His heartbeat slowed.

He felt like the sun.

And then it all got sucked away by a black hole, like it was never there. The warmth instantly turning into numbness. His peaceful revelry drowning and freezing into a quiet, silent despair.

He feels cold.

The building shook, Hanzō refused to pay it any mind and focused on the feeling of his many overdoses evaporating. He ignored the sounds of the building becoming nothing but rubble and muffled grunts of pain. It's nothing he hasn't ignored before, there's nothing different this time.

Until there is.

"Fushiguro!"

What? No. It can't be. Yuuji can't be here. Not right now. He shouldn't even be able to see the monsters .