Chapter Twenty

(A/N: Sorry this is SO short, but I thought it was better to post it sooner than later. Also, how long would you like this story to go? It'll be at least 30 chapters, but I'd like to know your opinions. Thanks for reading!)

You woke up hugging something. Someone, you realize, that's much, much bigger than Leo. Definitely not Leo, when you locate the small cat on the other side of your pillow.

Um-

What?

You slowly peek your eyes open, only to be greeted by a very much asleep Loki. 

Shit.

He actually looked peaceful though, completely relaxed. With his pale yet handsome complexion...

You're not letting yourself go there. Not yet.

Last night- He fell, and you had caught him. You must've hauled him onto your bed...

You could say he's fallen for you.

Great damn.

What were you supposed to do now? You couldn't exactly just stare at him until he woke up, could you? It was tempting...

No.

Absolutely not.

So what else were you supposed to do? You could wake him... and carefully explain what had happened.

Before you could decide, he started to stir, and his eyelids started fluttering.

Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap.

This was going horribly.

*

(Loki's Pov)

Loki awoke restrained. No, not restrained, smothered in a pair of arms. Feminine arms, he realized.

Who- What had he been doing last night? Helping Y/N, he realized. And then he passed out...

Damn it.

He was fully clothed, at least. So was she, if he remembered correctly. They had simply slept in the same bed. As friends. Nothing more. It had been an accident as well, no actual harm done.

He should've realized that their magics were still connected. He could've prevented this whole situation. He decided the best course of action was to see if she was awake. If not, try to slip away without her realizing. If so... he was screwed.

Loki opened his eyes, and gazed upon the very much asleep Lady Y/N. Perhaps he could get away-

Then her eyes peeked opened, and the reddest blush he's ever seen crept across the sides of her face, completely ignoring its cheek boundaries.

And he was completely sure he looked the same way, now that he had been caught.

What was a god to do?

*

(Your Pov, again)

You had tried to pretend you were asleep, when curiosity got the better of you. You opened your eyes to see a now very awake Loki staring at you. You could feel your cheeks burning, and see the same blush across Loki's face.

What had you gotten yourself into?

Quickly, you take your arms away from him, successfully startling Leo behind you. He bounded off the bed, probably hiding in one of his favorite spots.

"Sorry, I just woke up like this." You curse yourself for joking first thing in the morning, but what else was there to do?

"It seems I did as well." He said, sitting up next to you. The amount of awkwardness could not be explained just in simple words. "I didn't mean-"

"I didn't mean-"

You both chuckle at your timing. but now there was a new problem, who to go first?

"I had no intention of staying last night-" He started the list of apologies.

"You fainted Loki. I don't blame you. If I wasn't comfortable with it, I would've let you sleep on the floor."

He smiled briefly. "Still, I didn't mean to impose as such."

"It's fine. I know you didn't. Neither of us were knowingly planning on spending last night with each other, even if it was simply for sleep. It's not your fault." You try to reassure him, knowing the awkwardness was only growing. "I'm sorry that I was such a bother, you didn't have to help me last night."

"But I wanted to." He caught his words seconds after he said them, blushing slightly. You were a full tomato red.

"Then thanks, I guess." You curse yourself yet again for having no idea what to say. "You wanna go down for breakfast?"

(A/N: Alright, I have a few ideas for the future of this book, please leave your opinions in the comments.

1) Almost 40 chapters, one story arc, but there will be a sequel.

2) 60-70 chapters, featuring both story arcs, maybe a sequel but I don't know yet.

3) No ending, this just keeps going forever until I'm completely out of ideas.

4) Something else.

Also: how do you feel about more mature themes, e.g. whump(torture); angst(best explanation is negative emotional manipulation); I'm not doing lemon, but maybe lime? Please tell me what you do or don't want to see later on. Thanks for reading!)