chapter 11

Durva came running to vrushali's chamber, she kept on banging on the door. Vrushali and supriya came out of the chamber running.
" What happened durva " Supriya asked with concern. Durva lowered her gaze " That.. I... Saw " She murmured. " Say durva " Vrushali held her hand. " I... Saw.. I saw a sewak going to angraj's chamber with madira " She closed her eyes tightly.

" No durva... You would have been mistaken... Arya doesn't drink madira" Supriya said with hope in her eyes.
" No tai, I saw that sewak with my eyes and when I asked him, he said angraj had told him to bring it " Durva answered. Vrushali knotted her eyebrows and walked towards karna's chamber gravely but in a hurry. Supriya and durva came behind her to stop her, but she didn't listen to anyone.She stood at the door of karna's chamber, karna had held the glass of madira in his hand and was staring at it.

" I over reacted in the fit anger and now I cannot come out of this trauma, vrusha is also angry on me only medium to calm my anxiety is madira now " He said to himself and was about to drink it, but someone threw that glass aside. Karna immediately realised what big mistake he was going to do and he moved away from the madira and the person standing in front. Vrushali was looking at him with anger and disappointment. "When did she became this brave " Karna thought in his mind and kept on staring at her, vrushali's eyes filled with anger were struck on him.

Supriya, durva, vrishasen and shon were watching all this from the door of the chamber. Shon moved forward, but supriya stopped him. " Only she can stop him, when he does something wrong, he fears only her " Supriya said with pride. " You did one adharma and to dissolve your anxiety you are resorting to drink madira, my nath, my radheya would have never done this, angraj " Vrushali said, her eyes red, she herself didn't understand when tears sprouted through her eyes, she gave pressure on the name ' radheya '. " The radheya,whom I know from my childhood would have did penance, charity , he would have stood in the waters of ganga and would have stared at sungod for the whole day, but he would have never thought of drinking madira. " She continued.

" Vrusha... Vrusha.... I am unable to come out of this trauma... I can't face myself on the mirror.... I have asked for forgiveness from panchali inside my heart vrusha..... I am broken " He said holding vrushali's hands. If she would have been the sutkanya vrushali, her heart would have melt with his words, but today she was the wife of a great warrior, she separated her hands from his. " I had always thought that my nath would face each and every problem in his life with bravery, but today you are trying to prove it was myth "

She whirled giving a jerk to her veil, which was rolled on her right wrist. She walked outside the chamber angrily, without looking behind. All four of them standing at the door and karna exchanged glances. " You had became so strong vrusha! You are not my shy vrushali anymore " He said smiling slightly. " From now, I would drink madira only during wars and that too a little amount. I've understood now, only my family can help me come out of this trauma and regret " He sat on his bed and hung his head.
---------------------------------------------------------
The atmosphere in the palace was completely changed. Everyone used to stay in their chambers alone, unlike earlier. Karna and vrushali both haven't had their dinner that night, after the outburst of them both. Karna lay on his bed, still thinking about that cursed sabha. All the other members of the family had sided with vrushali to make karna realise his mistake. Only vrishasen and shon were trying to make peace between them, as they loved both karna and vrushali, more than their life.

Karna heard tinkling on anklets from his door, the sound stopped and that person tapped his leg two times on the floor. Karna thought it would be supriya, so he got up immediately, to his astonishment, it was his twelve year little princess, standing holding dinner tray in her hands.

" I've bought dinner for you " She murmured. Karna took the tray from her hand and her sit besides him.
" Are you also angry on me? " He asked with hope in his eyes, vedangi sat quitely, without saying anything.
" You know putri, I don't know, who are my parents, my baba and radha maa found me floating on the banks of ganga, I always asked ganga who are my parent, but she never answered. I always had an strange attraction for weapons from my childhood, by we are sutas, me and my shon were given punishment for touching weapons, but we practised them secretly. Then guru dron, father of ashwatthama denied to give me lessons of weaponry, because of my caste, then I went to guru parshuram, I was his favourite disciple, but when he came to know that I am not brahmin, he gave me shrap putri.... My guru gave me shrap.... You know draupadi.... She insulted me in her swayamvar... In front of hundreds of kings.... Because of my caste.... And the anger of all this outburst in that sabha"

Vedangi came running and hugged karna, he turned back and reciprocated the hug. " Nothing can change my love for you baba.... I can be angry on you...... But would always there for you " She said crying. "Enough of crying now, let's have dinner, you also would be hungry na "
They both sat on the bad and fed each other food. A sigh of relief escaped shon and vrishasen's lips, they both were Looking all this from the door of the chamber. " Now you go and feed my tai " Shon said to vrishasen.
----------------------------------------------------------
" Enough my kids, I am full " Vrushali stopped bansen's hand. " We all know, you aren't full " Supriya said smiling gently. " Because her dearest and eldest son hasn't fed her " Came a voice from the door. Vrushali nodded in agreement, vrishasen sat near her and fed last morsel of food.

" Where is vashu? " Supriya asked in concern. " Priya, she must be with her father, they both are inseparable " Vrushali caressed thr hair of all eight sons of her lovingly. " My vrushaleya " She said smiling. In karna chamber, karna rocked the head of sleeping vedangi and murmured " My vashusaini "
---------------------------------------------------------
Hey, my lovely readers, so how was this chapter?
Did you'll like the stand of vrushali?
Let me know through the comments, they are much important for me❤