Chapter 30: Conjecture

The end of the world was a stimulus and had brought in a tremendous change. Some people became more cautious and were afraid of causing trouble; while some others became unscrupulous and lawless, and they only regarded strength as the criterion.

You Kun did not care at all that they had offended Zhang Zhiyin of the same squadron, even to the point of going out of their way to deliberately exclude this new group.

Hope Base was a large base that had been stabilised. It had good protective measures, safe surroundings, and gathering more lands for farming was not a frequent case. Normally, the patrol task was not serious and didn’t hold too much danger. Instead of saying that different teams were clearing up potential dangers, it was more like they had divided the areas populated by the zombies into regions and assigned them to each team. Each would hunt the zombies that appeared in their own designated area to gain the crystal nucleus for their ability upgrade.

The area Squadron 4 was responsible for was not large in the first place, and the area allocated to the two teams was even smaller. Even without Zhang Zhiyin’s team, the two groups could finish the task by putting in more effort and time. The crystal nucleus obtained from the task would all belong to them except for those that needed to be handed in, but now the nuclei shares would have to be divided with Team 3. They were naturally not willing. If this was in the game, then towards them, Team 3 would be the people who suddenly appeared and kill-stealed1 their monsters.

Squadron 4 had just been set up. The squad leader was originally the captain for Team 1, a taciturn metal ability user. Rather than being an impartial judge and properly coordinating the relationships between his different teams, he preferred to devote his time improving himself and his own team members.

Neither of the two new teams meant much to him, nor did he want to make trouble for himself. Therefore, he only glanced at the note You Kun had brought and signed his name, which read “Squadron 4: Team 2 and Team 3 should be paid in the ratio of eight to two”.

You Kun shook the note on his hand at Zhang Zhiyin, passing by him with a voice that was just audible to everyone: “I didn’t expect Captain Zhang to disagree with the seven-to-three distribution, so I fully considered your opinion and changed it to eight-to-two.” He showed a fake-to-the-extreme smile that everyone could see.

“It’s not fair, captain!” To tell you the truth, Zhang Zhiyin had been working hard without complaining in his real-life work because of his undisciplined and apathy towards dispute nature, as a result, he had been suffering silently. So, he had never encountered this kind of ‘obviously bullying you’ situation. At that time, he had no idea how to deal with it effectively. He could only frown and protest to the leader of Squadron 4.

“Go out and later about it later. I’m busy now.” The squad leader’s response was to refuse to talk, raised the automatic door and shut them out.

“Captain, how could they do this!” Xiao Jin was in his adolescence period, his face was full of indignation, “Let’s leave, we have our abilities, why stay here to suffer this kind of anger!”

“We can go, but what about the people who came with us? It wasn’t easy for us to settle down and we’re moving out again? Don’t forget how hard it was for us to get in here. The captain gave them what that person left him… Just for everyone to have a chance to live in peace…” Ah Kong preached to his younger brother and her eyes were getting red. “Moreover, the world is like this, we are not strong enough to go anywhere without encountering a situation like this.”