28 - Way to go, Lindsay

Last time on He's Back...

Evelyn pulled out her phone to show Jagger something she found about a shelter nearby that was hiring. She lifted her head to look at him again, after a while of looking at her phone and when she did her gaze fell...on Aiden and Lindsay?

Evelyn's POV

Jagger took the lead before I could say anything, my mind not wanting to process who was standing in front of me. "Hey guys! Decided to join us, I see! How come?" he asked them as they came closer to us and I got up to take a seat next to Jagger, not wanting to be put in the position to sit next to Aiden or worse, Lindsay. 

"We got hungry and saw it as an opportunity to spend time with our friends. Why? Are we bothering you? Did you not want us here?" Aiden responded, irritation evident in his voice as he spoke to Jagger and I caught something else in him... is that.. jealousy?  I thought I was the only one that caught on to it, but judging by Jagger's expression, he realized it as well. Maybe not the jealousy, but the change in his tone. 

"No man, I was making small talk", he frowned and Lindsay chimed in as well "Jagger's right, baby, what has gotten into you?" she rested a hand on his shoulder and frowned, but he just shook his head "I'm sorry I guess I just have a lot going on" he replied, making me frown. What does that mean? 

The two joined us at the table, and I had the joy to have Aiden sit across from me. Still better than Lindsay. Things got worse when Aiden initiated small talk "So... how come you two decided to come here? You know, together". Under different circumstances, I would've been bursting with joy, seeing Aiden jealous but the raven haired girl sitting next to him forced me to contain myself. 

"We got hungry and decided we had more to say, so we came here. What, we can't hang out?" I replied first, leaving Aiden dumbfounded with my answer. Tension grew between us in a matter of seconds, and the pair sitting next to us were noticing. "You can do whatever you want, at the end of the day you're friends, that's what friends do" he replied, our eyes locking.

Gladly, the waitress arrived, making us snap out of it. "Are you guys ready to order?" she asked and I could feel Lindsay's scoff from where she was sitting, clearly eyeing the poor girl up and down while playing with her hair. I felt so uncomfortable in her presence that I almost felt guilty ordering what I would have before she came. Therefore, I went with the only option she wouldn't judge me for. 

"I'll have the salad" I spoke, but I wasn't the only one. Turning my head, I locked eyes with her. "Two salads then, anything else?" the waitress went on and Jagger placed his order, Aiden simply saying he wasn't hungry. I could sense Lindsay's eyes on me, and she had the word 'disapproval' written on her forehead. Clenching my fists under her table, I tried to remain calm, but the petty part of me took over. I was not letting her step over me. 

"Cutting down on the calories, I see" I turned to Lindsay, smirking. For a second I caught Aiden's smirk and Linsday's frowned eyebrows, before she contained herself once more, the usual smirk being plastered on her face once more. "This body isn't going to maintain itself. Not that it needs any help... such shame not everyone can say that" she smiled cheekily. 

Aiden was the first to react before I had the chance to, shaking his head and running a hand through his face. "That was so uncalled for, did you really need to say it?" he told her. That's my boy- wait, no no, he's not my boy... "Baby you know I didn't mean Evelyn... if she took it personally then that's on her, I didn't specify" she batted her eyelashes at him and he opened his mouth to protest but Jagger cut him short, stopping the lovely conversation.