Ch. 90

Memphis, TN

Cali's POV

I only slept fa an hour because my contractions weren't far apart. When I woke up everybody made it to the hospital, but Key. Nobody heard from him, so hopefully they on a plane coming.

" Wazzam, YouTube fam. I'm back at it again with another video. As you read the title today's video is a labor and delivery vlog." Ash said as she started back recording.

" You got a YouTube channel?" Meika asked Ash.

" Nah, I'm just jocin." She laughed.

" One word. Remedial. Ouch, ow, ow, ow." I said as I started to get another contraction.

" See, that's why you don't talk about people. Anyways, this your grandma Erica and your grandma Meika. Hold on, do y'all want him to call y'all grandma, nana, gg, meme, or some else?" Ashley asked as she turned the camera towards my momma nem.

" Whichever one he prefers. It doesn't matter." Meika laughed.

" Right, cause at the end of the day we still gone be a grandma when it all boils down." My momma laughed.

" Do y'all have any advice for Cali and Key on raising a baby?" Ash asked them.

" There's no rule book on parenting, so just because somebody do it one way and you do it another way. Doesn't make you any less of a parent. As long as it works fa y'all. Just do what you think is best fa him, and always put him first before everything. There's no such thing as a perfect parent, just be a real one." Meika said.

" Yeah, what Meika said. You and Key got this. Y'all have a village to help, so don't be scared to ask fa help when y'all need it. Make sure you and Key keep working together y'all co-parenting relationship. Apologize when you mess up, it's ok nobody's perfect. When in doubt choose your child. There'll be plenty of time later to choose work. Cause work isn't always important. Don't be so busy with work like me and ya daddy was. Caliana, I'm sorry fa doing dat to you baby." My momma said hugging me sounding like she was finna cry.

" It's fine I forgive y'all." I said as I hugged her back.

" Beautiful just beautiful." Ash said wiping a fake tear from under her eye.

" Ashley, son. You this close to blowing me son." I laughed.

There was a sudden knock on the door. I thought it was Key, but it wasn't it was my doctor. She grabbed a new pair of gloves, so she could see how far I was dilated now.

" Alrighty, Ms. Cartier let's check your progress." She   said as she stuck her fingers up my vagina.

Y'all know I'm use to having fingers up there. Hell, whether it's male or female, but in front of my momma and Meika is just uncomfortable. The fact that my vagina is just out on display in front of em is cringeworthy.

" Looks like you're 8 centimeters dilated. Is this who's going to be in the room while you push?" She said looking up at me.

" No, she's leaving once his father gets hea." I said.

" Ok, do you know how far away is he?" She asked taking off her gloves.

I shook my head no.

" Ok, well in the next 30 minutes or so. You'll be at 10 centimeters, and you'll be ready to push. So we're going to start prepping for the baby. Ok?" She asked.

I couldn't even say anything I was stuck, so my momma spoke fa me.

" Ok, that's fine. Thank you so much." She said as my doctor nodded walking out.