CHAPTER 05

Dissemble
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

     TORD couldn't sleep for the rest of the night again. He tossed and turned around, but fortunetly the painkiller did a pretty great job on subsiding the throbbing pain in his head. But he was thankful enough to at least close his eyes for a few minutes, his tired eyes relaxing for the time being. But it didn't last for long, since his alarm rang off and his eyes fluttered open as the sound rang into his ears. It's too loud. Tord growled, before grabbing the alarm off his stand and aiming it at his door, not noticing the moment Matt walked in, "Hey Todd—!" his usual cheery voice was abruptly cut when the metal machine hit right on his head. Tord who was sluggish, rubbed his eyes harshly when Matt yowled loudly. When he got a glimpse of the ginger hair, he ripped the sheets off him and jumped out of the bed. "Ah, hell! Matt, was that you?!" he approached the wailing male who laid on the ground, holding his head. "What have I done to deserve something like this!? You ruined my pretty face!" the ginger whined loudly, and tord was struck with guilt. Maybe he really shouldn't have done that. Of course, you stupid. "Ah, Gosh, I am so sorry!" panic slowly began to flush through his brain when he heard Edd saying something which he couldn't make out clearly. Edd sounded mad—at least that's what he was interpreting. When the green clad stood by the door, glancing at the situation.,"What happened!? I heard some screaming and-"He cut himself off when he glanced at the ginger who was groaning in pain, then at the culprit—supposedly Tord. He averted his eyes the moment the hazel irises met his icy ones. He knew he'd be dead meat.       "What... What happened?" Edd slowly reiterated  his previous phase, but with much tranquil. "I..." Tord began, anxiously biting his bottom lip out of habit, "..Im sorry Edd. It's my fault, I just-" Tord began to ramble but Matt's loud groan made him pause, and glance at the man down. He held his head, pushing his head back as a scratch revealed itself on the side of his forehead, it wasn't big which tord was relived of, but the slight bleeding did come it's way out. "...Ah." Edd said, and tord blinked. "Dumbass, it's just a sctrach. Nothin' big you couldn't handle!" Edd sighed loudly, placing both his hands on his hips. "Well, then! Let's have breakfast! I'm not waiting for you idiots to come down so hurry up before the food gets cold." Edd forced a smile before stomping back down stairs. The door of Tord's bedroom was left wide open, but he didn't mind that right now. He shifted his focus on the ginger who only gave a dramatic long sigh, placing the palm of his hand on his hurt head."Oh, what am I to do now? My pretty face is ruined!!" the last sentance was said loudly. Tord stood up and held out his hand toward Matt. An apologetic smile taking over his face. The ginger blinked, but grabbed the males hand as he pulled himself up. Tord walked over to his bed, grabbing something which Matt couldn't catch a glimpse of, That is until he turned around and placed an ointment on the taller males hand. "What..?" he gave a questioning look and Tord shrugged. "It's just an ointment I thought to give you for the hurting head. Sorry, I owe you after accidentally throwing my alarm at you."

Matt stared at him, his face remaining stoic before smiling brightly. "Oh! Thanks Todd!" the name only made the norski cringe, "It's Tord-" but the ginger seemed to ignore it. "If this scratch forms into a scar I'll kill you!" the statement made his face darken for a moment before smiling, then skipping his way down the kitchen. Was that a threat?  Tord couldn't help but ponder over the thought of it, even though it sure as hell looked weird. But then, he is reminded of the breakfast that's awaiting downstairs on the table. He needed to get ready for the morning and have his food before it gets cold, he reminded himself. Tord rubbed his hair and swiped his bangs that hung across his face,a few strands blocking his view. He let out an exasperated sigh, before making his way to the bathroom. The same place he used to take his shower and wash his dirty hair last night. Now that he thought of it, he recalled last night's incident. Did Tom really help him get back to his room after he blacked out? Or was he just dreaming. He convinced himself that it was the latter. It has to be. There's no way that jehovah would do anything like that.
All while thinking, he was continuing his morning routine. By then he was pulling down his red hoodie and walked the stairs and reached the kickten. The fresh smell of fried eggs hitting his nostrils. He felt refreshed—that is until his eyes unconsciously glanced at the certain void eyed man. Who sat just across the table, glancing at his phone screen while he mindlessly chewed onto a spoonful of cereal. And Tord swore that for a second he could catch a glimpse of Tom's sharp canines that shone thorough, he was sure that it was possible for him to even bite off the spoon's ceramic handle. Yet again, last night's events reoccurred in his mind, his face immediately scrunching up, and Tom caught him staring with a dissatisfied look on him. He didn't say anything, instead, continued to finish his cereal, licking his lips as he went back to glancing at his phone. That slightly puzzled the norski, by now Tom would be throwing a huge fit just because he looked at his direction. Something felt off in the air, but apart of him was relived. By then Tord had already began to dig into his own plate of fried eggs.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

[A/N]
Hello, hello! I suppose this could be considered a filler(?) chapter i guess. Though the real plot is slowly gonna pick up from here onwards soon! Hope y'all would stick around til' then ;v;