𝐈𝐕. 𝐗𝐈𝐗

JAILBIRD

Darla sat on the floor of the small cell, her arms bound by a straight jacket, the guards had explained that they couldn't take any risks with her, seeing as they had no other way to control her abilities.

"I have an itchy nose." Darla shouted, using all her strength to push her up.

"I'll get it." Tony uttered as he watched the girl placed her head in one of the small gaps of the cell. Tony brought his hand up and scratched her nose, making her smile.

Clint stood up and began to mockingly clap at the man.

"The Futurist, gentlemen. The futurist is here. He sees all. He knows what's best for you, whether you like it or not."

"Give me a break Barton." Tony shook his head and walked over to the man. "I had no idea they'd put you here. Come on."

"Yeah, well, you knew they'd put us somewhere, Tony." Clint spat.

"Yeah, but not some super-max floating ocean pokey." Tony responded, his eyes flickering to Darla, out of everyone she seemed to be coping the best. "This place is for maniacs. This is a place for-"

"Me." Darla responded cheerfully. She had to remain positive, it was the only was that she and the others wouldn't go insane.

"Criminals Tony. Think that's the word you're looking for." Clint paused. "Right? That didn't use to mean me. Or Sam, or Wanda, or Darla. But here we are."

"Because you broke the law." Tony looked directly at Clint as he spoke. "I didn't make you. You read it, you broke it. Alright? You're all grown up, you got a wife and kids. I don't understand, why didn't you think about them before you chose the wrong side?"

"You gotta watch your back with this guy?" Clint slammed his hands against the wall. "There's a chance he's gonna break it."

"Hank Pym always said you never can trust a Stark." Scott uttered as Tony walked past him.

"Who are you?" Tony questioned with furrowed brows.

"Come on man." Groaned Scott as Tony stopped in front of Sam's cell.

"How's Rhodes?" Sam questioned with his back to Tony.

"They're flying him to Columbia Medical tomorrow. So, fingers crossed." Tony paused. "What do you need? They feed you yet?"

"You're the good cop now?" Sam questioned spinning around on his heel to face the man.

Darla watched anxiously, everyone was pissed with Tony and him being here only made it worse.

"I'm just the guy who needs to know where Steve went." Tony shrugged.

"Well, you better go get a bad cop because you're gonna have to go Mark Fuhrman on my ass to get information out of me."

"Well, I just knocked out the A out of their AV." Tony said as he looked towards Darla. "We got about 30 seconds before they realise it's not their equipment. Just look, because that is the psychiatrist that was really supposed to interrogate Barnes."

Darla wanted to know what Tony was talking to Sam about, she wanted to see what he was showing him. But unfortunately for her, she was on the opposite side of the room.

"Clearly, I made a mistake. Sam, I was wrong." Tony admitted.

"That's a first." Sam spat back, making Darla stifle a laugh.

"Cap is definitely off the reservation but he's about to need all the help he can get." Tony looked towards Darla, knowing perfectly well that she was listening. "We don't know each other very well,-"

"Hey, it's alright." Sam shrugged before letting out a sigh, he looked over to Darla who simply nodded. "Look, I'll tell you, but you have to go alone and as a friend. Because if you care about Darla, you won't hurt him, because she still loves him."

"Easy." Tony agreed, taking one look at Darla, who looked anywhere but the man.

Once Sam had told Tony where to find both Steve and Bucky, he walked back over to Darla.

"How you holding up kid?" Tony questioned.

"Believe it or not, not my first time being locked up." She half heartedly chuckle. "Just the first time that it's not at my request."

"You love him right?" Tony questioned.

Darla pursed her lips and looked down at the floor anxiously.

"Please don't hurt him." Darla whispered weakly as she looked up to him with tear filled eyes.

"Stay safe kid." Tony nodded with a soft smile and left the room.