𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Think I caught you, Greenbean.

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

"You're not that bad, y'know," Minho says to me as he slows to a walk. It's the next day, and Minho wanted me back out in the Maze as soon as possible. Newt wasn't so thrilled at the idea of it, however he wasn't the Keeper and didn't get to make any of the decisions. I haven't had a vision yet today, and I pray they don't get worse — I don't fancy a trip back to Jeff and Clint and explain to them what's wrong with me. So, I keep it to myself. For now.

"Come on, Min Min, just say it," I taunt. "I'm better than everyone else."

Minho spins around, shoving his notebook in his pocket and pointing a finger at me. "First of all, call me Min Min one more time and the grievers won't be the only thing ya have to worry about killing—"

"Okay, Min Min," I say, flashing him an innocent smile.

"Second," he says, sighing dramatically which only makes me laugh, "how are you so full of y'self?"

"Lets not pretend that I'm the only one here with a god-complex," I drawl. "Tell me, how many hours a day do you spend combing your hair?"

"Hours? Please," he scoffs. "This takes days."

I stifle a laugh and continue to walk next to him, surveying the area. "I'll bet you ask for hair gel in the box each month, don't you?"

Minho smirks sideways at me, "Caught me red handed."

I laugh at Minho as we pick up the pace, taking two lefts and a right. Another left. Right. Right. Left. Trying to keep track of everything is not only exhausting, but confusing. Minho is the only one who really knows his way around here, and I'm glad that at least one of us is well versed. Thankfully, Minho doesn't take me through the same doors in the same area I was stuck out in, instead gives that to Ben.

Minho's deep into explaining how being a Runner works when we decide to stop for a lunch break. Apparently there are eight Runners, including the Keeper — one for each section. However, they dropped one when one of them was stuck in the Maze overnight. I still can't believe I survived that. I don't think anyone else believed it, either.

The two of us, chests heaving and muscles worn, slump against a wall, staring at the ivy in front of us blankly before pulling out the lunch Frypan made us. Our sandwiches are a little squished and are stupidly hot and sweaty but I really can't complain. I bite hastily into it and turn to Minho, who's already wolfed down a half of one.

"How am I doing?" I ask.

"I'll tell ya at the end of the day."

"Yay," I say dryly. "Really like to keep a girl waiting, huh?"

Minho laughs at me now, not a cynical one as is the usual but a real chuckle, his eyes lighting up. I roll my eyes like him. Does this man not take a joke? "As if I like girls."

"I knew it!" I say, giving him a grin. I wiggle my eyebrows at him as he rolls his eyes. "Anyone special caught your eye?"