Chapter 18: Paige

After saying our goodbyes to the pack members, Liam takes me into the meadow. He takes a seat in the grass. He pulls me beside him. An idea strikes me and I allow my wolf, Hope to take control. It wasn't fair for me to hog Liam. No humping, sex, and kissing! I tell her. She groans. That's all the fun stuff that I want to do to my yummy mate. Liam grins as he sees my wolf.

"Hope." He says, pulling Hope into his lap. She smiles and rests her head in the crook of his neck. She nuzzles him, fondly. I zone out and give them some privacy.

Hope P.O.V

Goddess, my mate smells delicious with his pine scent. I purred as he wraps both his arms around me. "It's been too long. I'm struggling not to mark you." He says, softly. I turn to look at his face and kiss his cheek. "I know. Our humans are being so stupid!" I declared, making him laugh. I frowned, thinking of Paige. "Thank you for taking care of Paige. She's-she's been through so much." I said, tears filling my eyes as I thought about Paige. We were best friends.

Liam nods, his arms stroking me. "Ryder also struggles. He blames himself a lot." He explains as we watched the sky turn bright orange. "Why do we have such stubborn humans! Can't we just mate, already!!!" I complained. Liam growls in agreement. I knew he was struggling. Alphas mate bonds were stronger and made it harder for us wolves to control our urges to mate. I appreciated that Liam was trying as I was trying to wait until our humans were ready.

"Liam?" I called hesitantly. He looks at me with kind eyes. I fumble with a piece of grass. I close my eyes, emotionally preparing myself to be heartbroken. "Did you mate with-with anyone in wolf form?" I asked, holding my breath. Mating in wolf form was a sacred act amongst mates, one that I longed to do with Liam. He shakes his head. "No, I was waiting for you, my little mate. You and Paige." He says, kissing the top of my head. I sighed in relief.

I grinned as I looked at my mate. I was so happy. I knew that it was hard for dominant wolves to not mate in their wolf forms as they had strong sexual urges. I swooned as I looked at my mate. I loved his intimidatingly large figure. It made me feel safe. I felt pleased that Paige and I were blessed with our mate. He was strong and sweet. Liam and I cuddle as we watch the sunset. The sky darkens and the stars appear in the night sky.

I close my eyes and hope that Paige gets the courage to love our mate. I knew she was scared and I wouldn't force her into something she didn't want but I hoped for her sake that she would let herself be loved. "I guess, I'll let Paige take over now," I whispered, feeling content in my mate's arms. He kisses my hand. "It was a pleasure meeting you. We really should meet in our wolf forms. This form is not good for cuddling." He says, waving his limbs out dramatically. I giggled. I planted a kiss on his forehead. "I don't mind having 6 pups," I say, cheekily before giving control back to Paige.

Paige P.O.V

I open my eyes to see Liam beaming. "You and Hope are pretty different." He remarks. I laughed. Hope was awesome. She was outgoing, confident, and badass. She was Luna material. "I love her. She's the best." I said, smiling. Liam gently pulls me up as we start heading back. The meadow is peaceful as we make our way back. "Are you and Ryder similar?" I asked, shyly.

Liam grins. "Yep, we're pretty much the same. He would argue that I'm hornier though." He says. I smiled. My wolf was a sex freak, too. HEY! Hope protests but I grinned. "But, I believe Ryder may be kinkier." He adds, making me turn red. Same here. Hope declares, teasingly. I roll my eyes. I had gotten to know Liam but Ryder was still a mystery to me.

We make it back to the packhouse. I see Chase grinning. He opens the door to reveal Ashley. "LIAM! I'M BACK!" She yells, startling me and Louise. Liam grins at the sight. My heart twists in jealously but Ashley was important to Liam and Ryder. Chase looks at me with some remorse before saying. "Is it okay if Ashley, Liam, and I talk about some pack matters?" He asks I nodded. Liam gives me a heart-stopping smile as he steps outside. "I'll be back. Wait for me in bed, sweetheart." He says, letting go of my hand.

Ashley's return was exactly the wake-up call I needed. I slapped my own cheeks. Liam. Was. Not. My. Mate. Louise takes my hand and without a word, drags me up into her room that she shared with Chase.

"How was the date?" She asks, eagerly. I recalled our day together fondly. Liam was such a gentleman to both Hope and I. Sexy as fuck, too. Hope announces. I don't protest making her grin.

"Fun," I said, trying to dismiss our mating. We chat for a couple of minutes and we part ways. I make my way up the bedroom. Alone in Liam's room, I make my mind up. I planned to switch wolves with Ashley. This way, my wolf would stay with Liam. And Ryder would get Ashley.

It was the best as no one got hurt. I pick up my phone and call my cousin, Luna of Blackforest pack. She picks up the phone on the second ring. "SUP, CUZ!" She greets me and we catch up. She sighs loudly. "What's wrong, Paige? You sound all weird." She says, suddenly. I laughed. Nothing goes past my cousin, Giana. She was such a Luna. So I tell her everything.