𝐈𝐕.𝐗𝐗

LOVE

It had been a few weeks once Steve helped everyone escape from the jail cells that they were once kept in. Both Darla and the man had barely uttered more the five words to one another since.

The blonde walked through the hallways, heading back to her and Mateo's room. Mateo had followed Steve and found the girl.

Darla had convinced Steve to allow the boy to stay and help protect them. But she knew better than to let him out of her sight, she had to continue pretending that everything was okay.

"You think you're so smart don't you red?"
Mateo seethed, using the nickname that Darla had for Wanda.

"I've seen you, you sneak around at night, making phone calls behind everyone's back. I know you still work for HYDRA."

Mateo chuckled, his tongue running over his bottom lip. He raised his brows, a devilish smirk playing on his face.

"Who's gonna believe that?" Mateo shook his head. "Darla is completely and utterly in love with me and she'd defend me over you." The dark haired boy paused. "Maybe, I should tell her that you're still with HYDRA." His grip on her bicep had tightened. "That would get you out of my hair.

"But I don't, it's you, you work with them." Wanda whispered fearfully, she didn't know what she'd do if Darla turned her back on her.

"You really think she'd believe that. Tony killed your parents. They got Pietro killed." Scoffed Mateo. "I doubt they'd believe a word that came out of your mouth."

Darla walked into the room, Mateo's gaze was so fixed on Wanda that he hadn't even noticed the girl until Wanda looked back at her, making the boy release his grip.

"Mateo." Darla spoke up, "Will you give me a minute alone with Wanda, I think we need to talk." She walked over to the boy and placed her hand on his bicep, knowing that any physical contact they had would stop him from being able to anticipate her next move. "Wait for me in our room?"

Mateo bit back a smirk, he sent one look at Wanda before walking out.

"Darla, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I-" Wanda shook her head panicked. Running her hands through her hair desperately trying to find an explanation. "I won't say anything, I'll keep it all quiet. I know you love him, but he still works for HYDRA. It can be a secret. I won't tell anyone I promise."

Darla's heart broke at the frantic girl. She was in complete shock that she would even do that for her. The blonde didn't say anything, instead she grabbed Wanda by the shoulders and pulled her into her chest. Her fingers running through the girls red hair.

"Hush, red." Darla whispered. "You have nothing to worry about."

~

Darla walked into her room to see Mateo sat on the end of their bed. She plastered a fake smile on her face as she looked at the boy. She shut the door behind her and let out a small sigh.

"You talk to Wanda?" Mateo questioned standing up and walking over to the girl.

"I did." Darla nodded. "She's not to come to any harm."

"But babe, she's working with HYDRA." Mateo placed his hands on her bicep. Darla clenched her jaw, knowing full well that Mateo was lying to her. "If she stays here, she's putting us all at risk." He brought his hand up to push some of her hair behind her ear.