6.11

Season 6, episode 14

Helena sat in the passenger's seat of Mark's car, wearing a red night dress and pair of dainty earrings. By her side, Mark was wearing a suit, focusing on the road as Helena smiled at him.

"I can't believe you got us dinner reservations on such short notice." She let out. They weren't sure they'd get off of work in time for dinner, so they hadn't booked anything previously.

"I have my ways." He smiled back. "You look beautiful tonight, Lee."

"Well, thank you. You look great too, honey." Helena complimented, her head turning and her brows furrowing as she saw an ambulance pass them in the direction of the hospital. "Did you see that? Think they'll need us?"

"It's just an ambulance, babe. I'm sure they can spare us for a couple hours." He reassured her, putting a hand on her thigh.

"Right." She agreed. However, a few seconds after, they saw three more ambulances going the same way. "Oh, that's gotta be big. They'll page us if they need us, right?"

"Right. I'm sure it's fine, don't worry about it." Mark told her. A couple seconds of silence followed, right before both their pagers went off.

"It's a big trauma." Helena said, reading hers.

"So much for Valentine's Day dinner, I guess." He sighed, turning the car as they follows the ambulances to the hospital.

——

As soon as they got to the hospital, Helena and Mark saw Callie in the hallway, joining them as they walked to their lounges.

"Callie!" The brunette called out. "Callie, you put together bones, you can also put together furniture, right?"

"Furniture like cribs, for example?" Mark asked, each of them walking on one side of Callie.

"You bought a crib?" She asked, surprised.

"Lena went baby crazy and bought a crib, a changing station, toys and a few other things I have yet to realize the use of. Not that I'm complaining." Mark joked, Helena shooting him a look.

"He's still horrified by the breast pump." She explained, Callie letting out a giggle.

"The thing is a torture instrument! But Sloan is coming home tonight and we tried to put the crib together but it wobbles. And it can't wobble!" He told her, his voice serious. "Will you take a look at it?"

"You're like a sweet, nerdy dad now. I don't even recognize you." Callie joked, Helena nodding along. "Lena's always been a mom, but I wasn't expecting that."

"Oh, this is me." Helena let out once they reached the resident's lounge. "See you in the pit."

"Love the dress, by the way, Lena." Callie called out, the short girl smiling at her as she took of her heels.