09. by her side

Your presence is a gentle caress to my soul.

Naman's P.O.V

This girl has made me smile like a zillion times since the past few hours. Whenever I see her smile, I smile.
I bet I've never smiled and laughed so much ever in my 28-years of life. Earlier, I used to think that she is so irritating, annoying, gold digger & weird person but now I've realized how wrong I was.

Kriti is like the most fun person I've met so far. In the fast few hours, I've literally seen all her moods...probably. I've seen her cry, smile, laugh, pout & all I could notice was how cute & nice someone can be.

"Naman?!" her voice got me out of my la la land.

"Where are you lost? I've been calling you since forever." Kriti said.

"Ohh-uhh, I zoned out. Sorry, so what were you saying?" I asked her.

"Mai pooch rahi thi ki kaun-kaun aayega?" (I was asking that who will be coming?) she asked with her eyes filled with curiosity. I chuckled to which she widen her eyes & raised her eyebrows, I shook my head in response.

"Most of people from the team; Rahul, Hardik, Jasprit, Mahi bhai, Yuzi, Shreyas, Rishab, Washi, Bhuvi, Jaddu & Sahil, of course. Also the wives & kids of those who have them." I answered her with a little smile on my face.

I like how I've started smiling with each passing second, because of her.

"Cool, umm...I'll get ready." she said & in no time she started heading towards the door.

I pulled her back by grabbing her from her wrist & she collided with me. I mean her head, it landed of my chest & then she was about to slip but luckily, I pulled her. So now one of my hands was on her waist & the other was slightly up from her waist. Both if her hands were wrapped around my neck.

Both of us were looking into each other's eyes. I couldn't figure out what emotions her eyes were filled with but looking in her eyes made me feel relaxed and calm. Her eyes were deep brown, just as the colour of mine.

We had an eye lock, but she reverted her gaze after a while. I wish I could stare into her eyes, all my life. I don't know why but being around her makes me feel complete.
It seems as if she was the missing part of a puzzle like me.

"Umm...I'll...g-go get ready." she said.

"Kriti, wait." I said to which she turned to look at me.

Kriti's P.O.V

"Kriti, wait." he said & I turned to look at him. He started coming closer & before I could react, his lips touched my cheeks. He kept his lips there longer than usual. Oh. My. God.

I felt butterflies in my stomach. And before I knew, my cheeks heated up & a blush crept my face. I bet I looked red as a tomato.

"I love the way you blush at my touch. You're cute." Naman said & the colour of my cheeks deepened.

I didn't know how to react, it's not that no one kissed me on my cheeks before but this time...it felt different. I felt warm.

"Go, get ready." Naman said with a smile on his face, followed by a chuckle. I went to my room to get ready.

While leaving the living room, I could hear his laughter, a genuine one. My lips curved into a smile automatically.

As soon as I reached my room, I turned & rested my back on the door & I face palmed myself. I stood there smiling for a long time.