CHAPTER-29

Walking through the passage way

Stefan's pov

"Here take this",I said as I handed her over the dress.

"But this is from that store...do you think it would fit me?",she asked with doubt in her eyes.

"Why don't you try it first?"
And I push her into the room and lock the door from outside.
"I'm waiting for you."

After what seemed like 10 minutes,she banged the door.
"Stefan, I'm done.Open the door",she yelled at the top of her voice.

"I'm right here.Stop shouting",I open the door and she steps out.

"This dress fits me perfectly and I love it too",I could see the amusement in her eyes and she acted like a little girl who got just got amused by a candy.
"Thank you".
"But how did you know that it would fit me perfectly?"

"You wore it once earlier today,so I knew it would fit you".

"For whom did you get it?I don't wanna wear this if you bought it for someone else.Is it for Sarika?I can't wear her dress."

"Please calm down Ms.Singh.This dress is not Sarika's nor does it belong to anyone else.It's yours.I got it for you.I promise."

"What?",she got stunned and her eyes asked me a million questions but her lips wouldn't move for a moment.
"Why would you get it for me?Stop joking Stefan."

"You look fucking gorgeous in this dress.I got this for you and I don't understand why are we arguing over this in the first place?Why do you even think of Sarika?"

"Why wouldn't I think of Sarika when she is your girlfriend? And you should rightfully gift her and not me."

"Sarika is not my girlfriend and it's not what you think.I don't wanna explain things to you.Just take it or leave it",I leave the place and vanish into the passageway.

Oh God!She has so much crap embedded in her head regarding Sarika and me.I made out with her quite a few times but there is nothing called love between us.I don't call her my girlfriend either because I never had such a thing towards her.I made out with Clara too but she doesn't call me boyfriend because she knows that she is only my assistant.In my language ,if I call someone my girlfriend that means I'm head over heels in love with her like Anna,she was my girlfriend beacuse I loved her.
What made her think this?I'm not even hanging out with Sarika since the time I saw Kritika.

I stood in the passage way motionless thinking about a million things and luckily no one was around to spot me in that state but then I could feel a delicate touch on my back and my favorite voice.

"Move Stefan.I need to rush",said Kritika."You are blocking the way standing like a statue.What's wrong?"

"Nothing.Follow me as I move",I said walking ahead of her.

"What happened to your wierd blue hair?",she asked me from behind but I knew she had a playful smile plasterd on her face because she doesn't like hair colours.

"Yeah,it looked cool but it's gone.It was temporary",I replied her honestly but I know she is pulling my leg because I looked like an idiot to her in blue hair.
"I can see you Ms.Singh.Stop laughing secretly",I snapped at her.

"Who is laughing?I'm not and you can't even see me Stefan".

"I can see you now",I turned around and held her hand.She was trying hard to control her laughter."Tell me what's wrong with that hair color or I'm not letting you get out of here",I demanded.

"Nothing.It looked perfect but you look best in your natural black hair",she said and put an innocent look on her face and she was not controlling her laugh any more.

"Really?",I asked and slowly took my steps back facing her,I was still holding her wrist and she was looking right into my eyes and genuinely smiling at me and we slowly led ourselves out of that narrow passage.

"If you really got this dress for me,thank you!I'm in love with this but if you got this dress for someone else then sorry because I'm keeping it",she said with a mischievous smile on her face.

"Don't you trust me Ms.Singh?I mentioned to you already and if you want me to repeat,I would not hesitate to tell you that you look damn pretty in that dress and no one would look as good as you in that dress.Trust me I got that for you",I said looking at her from the cornor of my eyes as we walked through the hall.

"Thank you Stefan",she turned towards me and it occurred to me that we were dragging unnecessary attention from some of our guests for obvious reasons.

"Hey you should go and get ready.I have some other buisness",I left from there abruptly because I suddenly realized that I'm not supposed to stay around her.

I was happy too because eventually I did what I had to.I thought I had to lie and take my sister's help in order to gift her that dress but I did it without any lie.This staying away from her buisness is so difficult.
Damn!!