23: 5th first

"𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬,"

~🌙 ~

The beach was desolate in the black sky. A moon hung low in the sky with a reflection bouncing off the still sea. The waves crept up the shore slowly, pulling back silently. They rolled over my feet as I strolled down the beach. There was a slight breeze that brushed through my hair and the air was colder in comparison to the afternoon heat.

I felt calm and at peace, much like when I lay in our field. I missed it - being there. It felt great being away in a new place with my closest friends, but look at what it brought. Why did it feel like I was continually being punished? Everything had gone wrong: My science grade, Amy, my grandmother's lie and now a fight with my best friend. 

More importantly, what could I do to fix it? 

"Jay-ah!" Heeseung called from the house. He spotted me walking and ran towards me. 

"I wanted to be alone," I announced once he was close enough to hear. Heeseung ignored my comment and hung his arm around my neck. He took a moment to catch his breath before doing what he did best.

"You don't want to be alone; you want to be heard," 

"Possibly," I said shortly. 

"Sunghoon's upset that you fought," 

I perked up at the sound of his name. My shoulders fell as I thought about it more and more. I felt disappointed in myself because I knew I did wrong. I told Heeseung about what was said, admitting that I intentionally bombarded him with questions about his date with Hyerin. He was understanding, whilst also addressing Sunghoon's point of view. 

"I don't believe in the old 'I saw her first' rule that friends have," I explained, "Quite literally we saw her all at the same time."

Heeseung chuckled at my comment and urged me to continue.

"If he knew that I liked Hyerin, whether I said so or not, why didn't he tell me? We could have talked it out. Being honest, I don't know if I like her that much at all - she was just there at the right time," 

"Sunghoon said he really likes Hyerin, but doesn't want to hurt you by pursuing it without your permission," 

"He doesn't need my permission. She isn't mine. She isn't my property!" I yelled in frustration making Heeseung flinch. 

"I'm sorry, hyung. All I want from him is honesty," I sighed as we approached a wooden boat that was anchored on the beach. We both climbed into it, sitting on its sides. The boat swayed with the movement of the waves. 

"You'll have to talk to him then," 

"It's not as easy as it sounds, hyung,"

"You've known him for how many years and you can't even talk about something as simple as this?" Heeseung laughed ironically, teasing me about his words, "I think he would appreciate talking about Hyerin with you. It sounds as though he's caught in the middle about dating her,"